2019 Draft Talk

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Your boss comes to you, a loyal longtime employee that is still under contract, and says "hey Bob I know we told you yesterday how much we appreciate and value your work and all that, but we found this wino at the bus stop who will work for pickled eggs. So what we're gonna do is have him do your job 1/2 the time and then fire one of you in 6 weeks. Good luck!"

And you, of course, are going to bust your ass for this boss proving you are better than this bum off the street, and if you get fired anyway for whatever reason, hey no hard feelings right?

Or are you some kind of pussy?

Get real, dude.

We are talking about FOOTBALL. I don't care if dude was having his wife suck my dick everyday. If someone else is a better QB your cut brah. Bottom line.  

We will bring in whoever we gosh dam please and if you cry about it we can cut ur ass now before u even get a chance to make the team. Sorry but this is football not the family lawn biz. 

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

CIN.png11. Cincinnati Bengals

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma. Let's get this party STARTED! Andy Dalton is over 30 now, so he's not going to magically become an All-Pro and he has zero dead money left on his contract. Drafting Murray and pairing him with Zac Taylor takes the stodgy old boring Bengals and makes them COOL and potentially an immediate threat to the AFC North. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-shocking-qb-selection-raiders-get-huge-haul-in-first-round/

I wouldn't object if we got some assurance that he would actually play football.

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

We are talking about FOOTBALL.

Yeah yeah.  They are just people, they aren't the superheroes you've built them up to be.  

Honestly, you're kinda sounding like one of those HS coaches that kills a kid with heatstroke because water is for pussies. 

At any rate, nobody with any sense is making Dalton compete with Ryan fucking Tannehill for anything.

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah yeah.  They are just people, they aren't the superheroes you've built them up to be.  

Honestly, you're kinda sounding like one of those HS coaches that kills a kid with heatstroke because water is for pussies. 

At any rate, nobody with any sense is making Dalton compete with Ryan fucking Tannehill for anything.

You sound like the type that was pushing for Marv to get a 10 year contract extension. 

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

So after all the public (and no doubt private) assurances that he's part of their plan for next season, you want to not only draft his replacement but then ask him to compete for his job with a mediocre street FA?  

They can trade/cut him, or they can start him.  The idea of  some QB derby at this point in his career, vs Tannehill of all people, in a critical training camp where they are trying to install an entirely new offense under an entirely new staff, is not only ridiculous but would also make the franchise FO and their shiny new HC look they are all equal parts untrustworthy & incompetent.

They're untrustworthy & incompetent, the Jim Turner hiring is a great example of Talyor being untrustworthy and MB is the definition of incompetence. 

This is a shit show and this coaching staff is a joke. 

5 hours ago, Kochman said:

I don't want him. Our luck is we draft him at 11 then he decides to play baseball.

The 11th pick last year got $16.4mil guaranteed. That is over $12 mil more than the baseball As have paid him. He would definitely play football. 

Do I like the idea? No. Would I be surprised if our almost entirely new staff did draft a QB at 11 if one were still there?  No. 

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

They're untrustworthy & incompetent, the Jim Turner hiring is a great example of Talyor being untrustworthy and MB is the definition of incompetence. 

This is a shit show and this coaching staff is a joke. 

Ouch. Lol. 

Speak the truth tho man. If up to folks around here, Dalton would be the unchallenged starter until he's 50 years old. 

18 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Makes the most sense if he is available,  therefore.....

I would not be a fan of Cody Ford at 11.  With the likelihood of at least 2 QBs going in the Top 10, a much better player than Ford will be available.  Trade down a few spots and I'm on board because he would fix the RT position.  Just not at 11.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I would not be a fan of Cody Ford at 11.  With the likelihood of at least 2 QBs going in the Top 10, a much better player than Ford will be available.  Trade down a few spots and I'm on board because he would fix the RT position.  Just not at 11.

If we can do that, awesome. IMHO, QB, OT and a shut down corner is critical for team success. They are hard to find in FA and OT and QB take a season to train in most cases. Gotta make oline the priority.  The Rams had a very good oline. 

Just now, SF2 said:

Not having any healthy linebackers half the season does take its toll on sacks.   At least we had more than 13!!!

I saw that and my first thought was "misprint"...then noticed QB hits was also terrible.  Yikes!

Archived