2019 Draft Talk

Although I think LB and OT are the undeniable first round needs, I am starting to believe that CB, TE and QB could very much be in play.

CB-The Ravens slot corner Tavon Young just signed a three-year, $25.8 million extension. I'm not saying Dennard will necessarily command that type of dollars but, he's not likely going to be as cheap as many believe. The Bengals may be unwilling to pay larger dollars for him. With Dre Kirkpatrick playing like Dre Kirkpatrick and the depth paper thin behind the starters, they may look to make a pick here if the right guy is on the board. They've taken three in the first round over the past seven drafts so, clearly a position they are comfortable going with in the first.

TE-The Bengals currently have Mason Schreck, Cethan Carter and Jordan Franks as their rostered TEs. There's no assurance they will re-sign any of their current FAs at the position. f they don't address the position heavily in free agency, could a guy like TJ Hockenson be on the radar in the first? They took 2 first round tight ends in the first round within four years so, not a position they are shy about drafting early.

QB-New offensive-minded coach who has a clear tie to the position. Could he want his own guy to start his head coaching career with? Very few people feel Andy Dalton is the unquestioned future at the position for the team. Maybe he starts day one with a rookie QB ready to take the helm. Mike Brown loves the move as jersey sales will surely skyrocket.

To reiterate...I want OT or LB and nothing else BUT I won't be surprised to see these positions taken in a bit of a WTF move. 

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

My question was actually: why this collective "coaching staff" is going to "get more out of him"? Boy Wonder was a QB coach and, if it is truly is a magic bullet, the other Rams coaches who might affect improvement, are still on the Rams. 

Because Zac has been a part of an offense that has used players like him. 

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Because Zac has been a part of an offense that has used players like him. 

Part..like as in stands on the sidelines with QB's and watches? Not being sarcastic...I'm just a non-believer in the Osmosis Principle...that just by being around something, you become as much of an expert as those who actually do the task.     

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Part..like as in stands on the sidelines with QB's and watches? Not being sarcastic...I'm just a non-believer in the Osmosis Principle...that just by being around something, you become as much of an expert as those who actually do the task.     

You are aware he has coached receivers before?

20 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You haven’t read up on how collaborative the offensive process was in LA then. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Is this a ghost post from last year? 

Wow, that is crazy.  Ok the Jets are trying to trade their #3 pick but haven't done so yet.   Why my Twitter feed sent me to the year old story is odd. 

So, what would we do with the #3 pick???? Hypothetical of course.

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Wow, that is crazy.  Ok the Jets are trying to trade their #3 pick but haven't done so yet.   Why my Twitter feed sent me to the year old story is odd. 

So, what would we do with the #3 pick???? Hypothetical of course.

It would have to be for one of the QBs. Despite the fact that there are some incredible talents on the defensive line ranked at the very top of the draft, you only make a move like that to get your future quarterback.

7 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Kyler Murray measures in at 5'10" 1/8 and 207 pounds... 0.5 inches shorter and 4 pounds heavier than Russell Wilson’s combine measurements.

He is going #1 to Arizona.  Rosen goes to Giants, Saints or Patriots.  Kingsberry doesn't want a statue back at QB.   Rosen will fit right in at the other places. 

Just now, BengalFanInTO said:

It would have to be for one of the QBs. Despite the fact that there are some incredible talents on the defensive line ranked at the very top of the draft, you only make a move like that to get your future quarterback.

I would think that is the only reason.  On the flip sides, guys like Bosa and Mack have instantly made their defenses significantly better.  Imagine Atkins, Dunlap and Bosa/Josh Allen?  Yikes.

Archived