2019 Draft Talk

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

So we are officially on day 2 of FA.  This is the tweet from the Bengals official Twitter feed.   

I especially liked these lines:   "Our coaching staff is currently directing all of its focus on the #Play60 movement so that we can remain the NFL leader.  We're number one!  The staff's focus is expected to transition over to free-agency and the upcoming draft by the end of next week."

:whistle:

:ninja:

the only thing I worry about with Bush is in his ability to keep weight on. He played at around 220-225 at Meatchicken....that's not gonna fly in the NFL. He's up around 235-240 right now, which is great...as long as he can keep that weight. He'll never hold up otherwise I'm afraid. 

I doubt it. Hopefully Denver takes Lock so somebody better falls to us.  Who is our RDE if Michael Johnson leaves? And I don't want us to re-sign him. We've got a glaring weakness at WLB since Burfict  can't stay healthy (and should be cut). Bobby Hart isn't the answer to any question at RT, and Miller probably isn't at RG. If Dennard leaves, we'll need an early CB. 

My guess is we see a defense heavy draft since they probably think they've filled the holes on offense with Eifert, Hart, and Miller.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I doubt it. Hopefully Denver takes Lock so somebody better falls to us.  Who is our RDE if Michael Johnson leaves? And I don't want us to re-sign him. We've got a glaring weakness at WLB since Burfict  can't stay healthy (and should be cut). Bobby Hart isn't the answer to any question at RT, and Miller probably isn't at RG. If Dennard leaves, we'll need an early CB. 

My guess is we see a defense heavy draft since they probably think they've filled the holes on offense with Eifert, Hart, and Miller.

I think the needs after what we've done so far remain largely the same. At least in my eyes.

1. LB - We need to add at least 2. You can't count on Burfict to be healthy/in shape. 

2. OT - Both LT and RT. Hart is below average and Glenn is off injured.

3. CB - I will be scared if Webb is our #1 slot CB starting the year.

4. WR - Green and Boyd are free agents next season. Ross is just a guy still.

5. QB - Dalton is who he is. If there's a guy they like it makes sense to prepare for the future.

2 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

I think the needs after what we've done so far remain largely the same. At least in my eyes.

1. LB - We need to add at least 2. You can't count on Burfict to be healthy/in shape. 

2. OT - Both LT and RT. Hart is below average and Glenn is off injured.

3. CB - I will be scared if Webb is our #1 slot CB starting the year.

4. WR - Green and Boyd are free agents next season. Ross is just a guy still.

5. QB - Dalton is who he is. If there's a guy they like it makes sense to prepare for the future.

I don’t disagree with you as them having plenty of needs - but I am now wondering if they are more open to a qb in round 1 than I had been thinking. One read on those signings is stopgaps to tide them over a few years - time to draft and develop dalton’s replacement maybe. Dunno. But I can no longer write it off. The modified rebuild scenario maybe.

Identifying the biggest need for all 32 teams 

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Cincinnati Bengals

Linebacker. The Bengals sat out the early wave of free-agent linebackers, instead signing middle linebacker Preston Brown to a three-year deal. It appears for now that they're sticking with last year's group of linebackers in Brown, Vontaze Burfict and Nick Vigil. Considering Burfict's lack of availability over the past few years, linebacker still remains a need, and it's likely it's one they could address early in the 2019 draft. -- Katherine Terrell

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26289293/identifying-biggest-remaining-need-all-32-nfl-teams

Archived