2019 Draft Talk

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Identifying the biggest need for all 32 teams 

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Cincinnati Bengals

Linebacker. The Bengals sat out the early wave of free-agent linebackers, instead signing middle linebacker Preston Brown to a three-year deal. It appears for now that they're sticking with last year's group of linebackers in Brown, Vontaze Burfict and Nick Vigil. Considering Burfict's lack of availability over the past few years, linebacker still remains a need, and it's likely it's one they could address early in the 2019 draft. -- Katherine Terrell

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26289293/identifying-biggest-remaining-need-all-32-nfl-teams

At least we have some young guys with potential at LB, even though they're returning from IR or were mysteriously benched.  

Maybe Price pans out but everyone else other than Boling are replacement-level at best & few of them are healthy, either. There's no one in the pipeline here, our depth chart is more of a post-it note covered in :) doodles.

I refuse to believe there are no OL anywhere in this draft that could help us.

Guys I'm certain will not make it to 11:
Nick Bosa
Quinnen Willaims
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray
Dwayne Haskins

Guys I'm 80% certain won't be there:
Devin White
Ed Oliver
Jawaan Taylor

50/50 guys
DK Metcalf
Rashan Gary

So who among the rest interests you and is worth 11?

I really hope/pray that one of your 80% guys is still there somehow.  I wouldn't mind Devin Bush at LB.  I'm not smart enough to know about other people worth the pic at that point...maybe trade down but finding a partner in that scenario can be tough.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Nick Bosa
Quinnen Willaims
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray
Dwayne Haskins

Devin White
Ed Oliver
Jawaan Taylor

50/50 guys
DK Metcalf
Rashan Gary

Jonah Williams can compete with Bobby Hart or provide depth in case of injury for either LT or RT.

Greedy Williams would be a great pick, our secondary needs more talent and getting OBJ in the division doesn't help. 

Cody Ford: see Jonah Williams 

Clellin Ferrell or Dexter Lawrence

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Nick Bosa
Quinnen Willaims
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray
Dwayne Haskins

Devin White
Ed Oliver
Jawaan Taylor

50/50 guys
DK Metcalf
Rashan Gary

Gotta think there will be a surprise and one (maybe two) of those guys will be around when the Bengals select.  If those indeed are the 10 that go before Cincy picks I would mind dealing back a few spots if they can pick up another premium pick.  We need talented bodies IMO.

If White isn't there and the Iowa tight end is, you take him.  This team went to the playoffs 5 straight years when Andy had either Gresham, Eifert (healthy) or both.  Dalton almost always checks down to the TE when his primary is covered or the defense tells him to. 

If I had more faith in both Eifert staying healthy and Ross becoming anywhere close to his draft slot (at this point I would take Brandon "stone hands" Lafell circa 2016) I wouldn't make this move.  People love to shit on Gresham but his last year here he caught 78% of his targets and had 5tds.   When both he and Eifert played together, the offense was much better. 

We should be picking up an FA LB NOW.   There is no excuse not to.  Don' t take Bush at 11, he is undersized.  Their will be quite a few decent LBs available in 2 or 3 but get one in FA now so we they can concentrate on O lineman. 

Yeah, I know they just signed 2 TEs in FA so this won't happen. I just happen to be in the same camp at T-Dub. You can't keep paying a guy who is on workman's comp all the time. 

44 minutes ago, SF2 said:

People love to shit on Gresham but his last year here he caught 78% of his targets and had 5tds.

I only remember the drops & penalties in the playoffs.  IIRC he basically lost that 2nd Texans WC game.  Dude seemed to lose focus at the worst possible times.  Then again, the Great AJ Green has fleebed a few balls that turned into INTs himself.  

I wonder where that lack of focus/effort comes from...

But that malaise is gone for good. Razor-sharp effort and focus will be the norm! Just look at the out-of-the-box fluidity and competence of the F&N coaching staff! This new TE coach...um, well it looks like there is one...will have them all dissecting atoms before you know it. 

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

But that malaise is gone for good. Razor-sharp effort and focus will be the norm! Just look at the out-of-the-box fluidity and competence of the F&N coaching staff! This new TE coach...um, well it looks like there is one...will have them all dissecting atoms before you know it. 

We could always make Eifert the TE coach and actually get some work out of him.  No?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I only remember the drops & penalties in the playoffs.  IIRC he basically lost that 2nd Texans WC game.  Dude seemed to lose focus at the worst possible times.  Then again, the Great AJ Green has fleebed a few balls that turned into INTs himself.  

I wonder where that lack of focus/effort comes from...

And the following year he caught 7 of 8 targets for 64 yards including a circus catch for Andy Dalton's ONLY post season TD pass against the Bolts. Eifert was AWOL that game but that certainly could have been an Andy thing.  Not saying Gresh was great, just that Dalton's 3 straight TOs in the second half killed us that year. 

Dissecting atoms is hard.

Archived