2019 Draft Talk

Starting to really like the thought of Dexter Lawrence in the middle of our defense for the next 5-6 years.....plop his big ass down right next to Geno and don't look back.

Vita Vea went 12th overall in last year's draft and Lawrence is a much better player, IMO.....fwiw. 

42 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Starting to really like the thought of Dexter Lawrence in the middle of our defense for the next 5-6 years.....plop his big ass down right next to Geno and don't look back.

Vita Vea went 12th overall in last year's draft and Lawrence is a much better player, IMO.....fwiw. 

I was really high on him before his suspension. 

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

I was really high on him before his suspension. 

He's a stud....think Vince Wilfork in his prime good.....I'm not letting that suspension scare me off of him if I'm the Bengals. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

He's a stud....think Vince Wilfork in his prime good.....I'm not letting that suspension scare me off of him if I'm the Bengals. 

Since then he has really dropped though and I’m not sure why. Was he using a PED? Until I know more I’m hesitant to take him at 11. But if he makes it to 42, I’m all over that. 

11. Cincinnati Bengals — Mississippi State EDGE Montez Sweat

They’re looking hard at edge players, which is why I am giving them Sweat and not a QB. Yes, in our previous mock draft we have them selecting Dwayne Haskins, and that would make a lot of sense given that Andy Dalton might be headed into his final year with the team. But I just don’t know if that’s the direction they ultimately go, and beefing up a defense that completely fell apart might be the front office’s main thrust up high in the draft.

28. Los Angeles Chargers — Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins

Another scenario we had no idea could materialize not long ago. And honestly, this feels like too far a drop. Ten of the past 11 first-round quarterbacks have gone to teams trading up into that spot, so if Haskins tumbles outside of the first 15 or 20 picks, you easily could see a team move up for one. The Chargers are in great shape now with Philip Rivers and Tyrod Taylor as the top two, so Haskins would be a Year 1 luxury. But could they afford to pass on Haskins at this spot? We say no.

I have a dumb question that I kinda know the answer to but just don't understand the "Why".

Looking at the pass sets statistics made me wonder why I haven't seen anything about pancakes. Why don'y we build an oline that can maul the defense into  submission. We have Mixon and Bernard, you could build an offense that spends the day shoving the ball  down an opposing teams cakehole. You control the clock, keep their defense on the field and ours off, keep their offense off the field, and extend Andy's and AJ's careers. It would mean a lot of ugly wins, but I'd be all over that like a 3AM drunk.

Any ideas?  Anyone? Bueller?

1 hour ago, gupps said:

I have a dumb question that I kinda know the answer to but just don't understand the "Why".

Looking at the pass sets statistics made me wonder why I haven't seen anything about pancakes. Why don'y we build an oline that can maul the defense into  submission. We have Mixon and Bernard, you could build an offense that spends the day shoving the ball  down an opposing teams cakehole. You control the clock, keep their defense on the field and ours off, keep their offense off the field, and extend Andy's and AJ's careers. It would mean a lot of ugly wins, but I'd be all over that like a 3AM drunk.

Any ideas?  Anyone? Bueller?

Because it's the NFL and the other guys are getting paid, too.  Why don't we build a DL that sacks the QB every time he drops back?  Same thing, because that's not possible.   Basically you're talking about a scenario where our OL is drastically & consistently better than every defense in the NFL.  The reality is we're having a hard time fielding one that's even approaching competent.

More to the point in this case, do you really want our draft being directed by PFF stats?

51 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Because it's the NFL and the other guys are getting paid, too.  Why don't we build a DL that sacks the QB every time he drops back?  Same thing, because that's not possible.   Basically you're talking about a scenario where our OL is drastically & consistently better than every defense in the NFL.  The reality is we're having a hard time fielding one that's even approaching competent.

More to the point in this case, do you really want our draft being directed by PFF stats?

I like pancakes.  

Back in 2007 I went to the Bengals charity event to benefit the local food bank where we could interact with the players. I told Levi Jones I hope he pancakes Joey Porter and he said pancake blocks were illegal in the NFL. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Back in 2007 I went to the Bengals charity event to benefit the local food bank where we could interact with the players. I told Levi Jones I hope he pancakes Joey Porter and he said pancake blocks were illegal in the NFL. 

Well, only if you are a Bengal.

21 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I know that,  but why can't we build an oline that enables the Bengals to successfully most of the time? Sure, some teams may be able to stone you but I don't think most will. As far as our current oline, it sucks because the team did jack shit between the drafting of Ced/Fisher and picking Price last year. Well, that and having Bodine at center. :70_poop:

Oh, and I prefer waffles to pancakes but have no idea what a waffle block would look like.

Archived