2019 Draft Talk

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Didn't Old Miss go 1-7 in conference and lose its last 5 games?   

IDK, probably.  All I know is that every year around draft time there are a few college guys that are going to tear up the NFL and change the game and all that..   and then are never heard from again.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/25/2019-nfl-mock-draft-updated-bengals-projections-noah-fant-devin-bush/4/

Readers' Digest version:

Rd. 1 Noah Fant TE

Rd. 2  Devin Bush LB

Rd. 3 Ben Powers OL

Rd. 4  Bobby Okereke LB

Good lord why in God's name would we take a late first round possibly second round TE at 11?  Are we at least trading down?  By the way, I don't even think Fant is the best TE who played for Iowa last year. 

31 minutes ago, spicoli said:

@GrindingTheTape: The Bengals are reportedly planning on shopping WR John Ross (H/T: @TonyPauline), who they picked in the top-10 in 2017. 

So lets say that is true, what exactly could they get for him?  Its not like we have a stud slot receiver waiting in the wings.  He already lost the #2 to Boyd.

It would be obvious to anyone that the guy must really be terrible to give up $10mil in cap space.  Keep in mind it will only cost us $2 mil in actual cash (which is guaranteed by the way) to keep.  Maybe someone understands this better than me or maybe the new staff is simply cleaning the garage and throwing away expensive stuff they know they will never use.  

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

@GrindingTheTape: The Bengals are reportedly planning on shopping WR John Ross (H/T: @TonyPauline), who they picked in the top-10 in 2017. 

Considering the patience we had with Ogbuehi and Fisher, I would be surprised if this was the case. I find it hard to believe that the new coaching staff wouldn't even make an attempt to find a use for his speed, unless something is going on behind the scenes that no one is aware of, or unless they are planning on an extension for Boyd already. 

On 2/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, Jason said:

Imagine Devin White and Ed Oliver are still there at 11, who do you want?

I know Oliver is the higher rated pick, and the thought of what he'd bring to our pass rush combo is scary, but Devin White better fits this team's needs and offers more value in my thinking and I want him.

1 hour ago, bengaled said:

I know Oliver is the higher rated pick, and the thought of what he'd bring to our pass rush combo is scary, but Devin White better fits this team's needs and offers more value in my thinking and I want him.

Need?  Sure.

More value?  An off the ball LB vs a great DT?  Pair him with Geno until Geno retires then replace him.

On 2/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, Jason said:

Imagine Devin White and Ed Oliver are still there at 11, who do you want?

Neither, I cry all the way up to the podium and take the best OT available.

Cuz sometimes you just have to take your medicine.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Need?  Sure.

More value?  An off the ball LB vs a great DT?  Pair him with Geno until Geno retires then replace him.

I know Oliver excelled in the run at Houston, but at the pro level he's likely just a nickle DT. Teams would run on every down with Geno and him inside and with as small as he is, he'd get washed out.  White would be an every down LB that would never come off the field. He's perfectly suited to today's game and the type of backer we've been after since forever, it seems.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

What is anyone going to give us for him? The Rams had guys like him. 

My question was actually: why this collective "coaching staff" is going to "get more out of him"? Boy Wonder was a QB coach and, if it is truly is a magic bullet, the other Rams coaches who might affect improvement, are still on the Rams. 

Archived