2019 Draft Talk

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Wow, that is crazy.  Ok the Jets are trying to trade their #3 pick but haven't done so yet.   Why my Twitter feed sent me to the year old story is odd. 

So, what would we do with the #3 pick???? Hypothetical of course.

Dwayne Haskins, come on down!

PICK

CIN.png

Clelin Ferrell - Edge

School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS) 

Ferrell is a long, athletic and powerful pass rusher who dominated the ACC over the past two seasons. When I asked a scout recently for the word that came to mind regarding Ferrell, he said "leadership." Love that.

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

That's a terrible mock. Murray at 1? Greedy Williams not in the first round?

I think Murray is going at 1.  Williams making it to 2nd round is laughable unless he runs a 4.8 at the combine. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I think Murray is going at 1.  Williams making it to 2nd round is laughable unless he runs a 4.8 at the combine. 

I don't think Murray goes at 1. He's not the best QB prospect in this draft and AZ just used a top 10 pick on Rosen. They'd have to take a loss unloading Rosen and aren't going to be able to trade him for anyone as good as they could get at 1. Bosa+Rosen is better than Murray+whomever. 

39 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I don't think Murray goes at 1. He's not the best QB prospect in this draft and AZ just used a top 10 pick on Rosen. They'd have to take a loss unloading Rosen and aren't going to be able to trade him for anyone as good as they could get at 1. Bosa+Rosen is better than Murray+whomever. 

I agree he isn't the best prototypical QB in the draft.  The issue is Kliff Kingsbury doesn't want a drop back statue of a QB in Rosen.  Murray will give him instant offense day one. 

Rosen didn't seem to improve at all last year. He only broke 200 yards in passing once in his last 7 games.  He played about as well as Driskel.   

Unloading Rosen will be easy, eating his $14 mil in cap space over one year really isn't a big deal for a team in total rebuild mode.   Let him develop behind Brees, Manning or Brady.  

41 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I agree he isn't the best prototypical QB in the draft.  The issue is Kliff Kingsbury doesn't want a drop back statue of a QB in Rosen.  Murray will give him instant offense day one. 

Rosen didn't seem to improve at all last year. He only broke 200 yards in passing once in his last 7 games.  He played about as well as Driskel.   

Unloading Rosen will be easy, eating his $14 mil in cap space over one year really isn't a big deal for a team in total rebuild mode.   Let him develop behind Brees, Manning or Brady.  

I think Rosen will get traded to either the Giants or Pats for a future first and other picks.

With Murray measuring above 5'10" and over 200 lbs at the combine he should be free from any major red flags about his size. Yes, he's shorter than most but Wilson and Brees have proven this to be non factor.  

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Cody Ford is officially on my list at 11.

I would be all over Ford at 11 like a spider monkey..

The Bengals are positioned to get a quality offensive lineman at 11, just like they were in 2017, hopefully they will select an elite player at a position group (OT) that needs a talent overhaul. 

Ford is a plug and play RT....he could come in on day one and be a difference maker on the right side of that line.

Barring a massive shift in philosophy in regards to FA, I don't see how you pass that up.

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma 
Somebody's going to take this leap, and it might as well be the Bengals, who have Sean McVay underling Zac Taylor as their new head coach. If he designs an offense around Murray's electrifying skill set, the Bengals could quickly make a whole lot of things happen with the skill position talent they already have on hand.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-jaguars-move-up-for-dwayne-haskins-bengals-take-the-kyler-murray-plunge/

27 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Kyle Crabbs‏ @GrindingTheTape

The only time you’ll see worse footwork than what you just saw from Greg Little in the rabbit drill is when you’re watching Greg Little game tape.

Charley Casserly has us taking him at #11 

PICK

CIN.png

Greg Little - OT

School: Mississippi | Year: Junior 
Little has good size and athletic ability. He can play left or right tackle for Cincinnati.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018293/article/charley-casserly-2019-nfl-mock-draft-10-three-qbs-in-round-1

28 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

PICK

CIN.png

Greg Little - OT

School: Mississippi | Year: Junior 
Little has good size and athletic ability. He can play left or right tackle for Cincinnati.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018293/article/charley-casserly-2019-nfl-mock-draft-10-three-qbs-in-round-1

Pretty big reach even before the combine 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Kyle Crabbs‏ @GrindingTheTape

The only time you’ll see worse footwork than what you just saw from Greg Little in the rabbit drill is when you’re watching Greg Little game tape.

I can remember hearing Lapham effusing praise over Little early on and suggesting he'd be an ideal pick for us....go figure. I wonder if he still feels that way.

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Little has the absolute worst reputation among scouts...more so than any other player in this entire draft.

One of the laziest players, not just in this draft, but maybe in draft history...saying he's a 3rd pound pick at best is being generous, IMO.

He's just a bigger Ogb really..

Matt Miller‏ @nfldraftscout:

A vertical jump of 25" for Greg Little is barely—one inch actually—over the minimum usually set for jumps. Combined with poor strength (he didn't bench here), that's a big red flag to me. His stock has been steadily declining.

16 hours ago, spicoli said:

Matt Miller‏ @nfldraftscout:

A vertical jump of 25" for Greg Little is barely—one inch actually—over the minimum usually set for jumps. Combined with poor strength (he didn't bench here), that's a big red flag to me. His stock has been steadily declining.

Yeah, I was high on him but coming to the combine out of shape is a gigantic red flag. You can’t hit the weight room a few months after the season with extra millions on the line? Speaks volumes. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, I was high on him but coming to the combine out of shape is a gigantic red flag. You can’t hit the weight room a few months after the season with extra millions on the line? Speaks volumes. 

yeah he's as lazy as it gets.

Archived