2019 Draft Talk

I'd use one of our five 6th round picks on him

6ft 7 and 5/8 287 pounds 4.96 forty 

https://www.redskins.com/video/combine-shawn-oakman-40-yard-dash-16874674

Oakman wants to pursue NFL after rape acquittal

Mar 2, 2019
  • ESPN News Services

Former Baylor football player Shawn Oakman says he wants to try to enter the NFL after being acquitted of sexual assault.

"I want to play football at the highest level and just really finally get my chance," Oakman told KWTX-TV on Friday.

Now 26, Oakman says he has been working out and is in good shape.

A defensive end, Oakman was Baylor's career leader in sacks and was a potential second- or third-round pick when he was arrested in April 2016, two weeks before the NFL draft, and accused of raping another student.

EDITOR'S PICKS

A jury in Waco, Texas, found Oakman not guilty on Thursday.

In January 2013, a different woman had accused Oakman of physically assaulting her, according to a police report. She told officers she didn't want to pursue a criminal case, and no charges were ever filed.

Oakman had come to Baylor from Penn State, where he had been dismissed from the program in 2012 after he was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, harassment and retail theft stemming from an incident in which he allegedly tried to steal a sandwich from a convenience store and was aggressive with a female store clerk by grabbing her wrist.

Neither incident was presented to jurors as part of Oakman's criminal trial.

Two other former Baylor football players -- Tre'Von Armstead and Myke Chatman -- were charged with sexual assault in 2017 and are awaiting trial, and former Baylor defensive end Sam Ukwuachu is still awaiting a final decision on his appeal of his sexual assault conviction in 2015.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26119024/oakman-wants-pursue-nfl-rape-acquittal

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

More than likely. But using a pick on him ensures you get his rights.

And I don't see five 6th round picks making the team anyway

Good point. This guy may have a serious fire lit under his ass right now for what happened to him.   If we can get a guy who graded 3rd round with a 5th or 6th round pick we might as well do it.  The history of 6th round picks is rather bleak even when compared to 5th rounders. 

12 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

More likely he slides and we draft mini Akili.

Even if he slides into the second round.

You gonna assume the anonymous source that casserly is regurgitating said all that in good faith? Seriously?  That report screams like a work from a team wanting Murray to fall to its draft spot in round one...

3 hours ago, membengal said:

You gonna assume the anonymous source that casserly is regurgitating said all that in good faith? Seriously?  That report screams like a work from a team wanting Murray to fall to its draft spot in round one...

FWIW, he said he heard that from "at least 3" teams. But as I said earlier, I think 95% of what we hear is smoke to try to either confuse or manipulate other teams. 

7 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I have a feeling Gruden is just trying to get someone to jump raiders for him. Drop a better player. Although Murray would sell way more tickets in Vegas than Carr.

I think Murray ultimately goes #1 anyways

With Odell Beckham likely winding up in Cleveland, it might not be a bad idea for the Bengals to load up on corners and pass rushers.

Greedy Williams or Clelin Ferrell at 11 might not be a bad way to go.

11. Bengals — Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State: The offensive line was a major culprit in Cincinnati's second-half demise last year. Dillard would also allow Cordy Glenn to switch to the right side, where he's likely better suited.

Literally the only O-lineman I would want at #11

Archived