2019 Draft Talk

I'm not impressed by Mack Wilson. Seems like another overhyped Alabama player. To me the alternative to Lindstrom would be McGary. He'd be ok (and likely better than Hart) but is also a projection as a college tackle turned possible NFL guard. IMO the value is better on the O-line and we could get a Coney, Tranquill, Cashman, or Burr-Kirven later.

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

Why would you take the 7th or 8th best OL  over the 3rd best LB?  Not trying to beat you up, just trying to understand.

You know it is possible for the 7th best OL to be a better player than the 3rd best LB.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

You know it is possible for the 7th best OL to be a better player than the 3rd best LB.

Really?  I'd have never thunk it!  No, seriously, I understand that could be true, but the team would have at that point re signed the previous year starter, who although average at best currently does provide at least some depth potential, added a Guard that has starting experience and picked the second or third best OL in the previous round, all while having done little to address the biggest concern on the team, the Linebackers room.  Everyone on here complains about the fact that our Linebackers are the problem, why not add the 3 year starter from the arguable best team in the country in arguably the best League on the country?

7 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Really?  I'd have never thunk it!  No, seriously, I understand that could be true, but the team would have at that point re signed the previous year starter, who although average at best currently does provide at least some depth potential, added a Guard that has starting experience and picked the second or third best OL in the previous round, all while having done little to address the biggest concern on the team, the Linebackers room.  Everyone on here complains about the fact that our Linebackers are the problem, why not add the 3 year starter from the arguable best team in the country in arguably the best League on the country?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be all in on Wilson in 2.  I think he's the best cover guy of the top 3 LBs.  But he's not worth 11 and I'm not sure he makes it to 42, so I think we would have to trade up to get him.  And that depends on the cost.  Locked on Bengals did a FanSpeak mock on Sunday night where they gave up a 5 and a 6 to move up in 2 for him, and I'd be ok with that.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd be all in on Wilson in 2.  I think he's the best cover guy of the top 3 LBs.  But he's not worth 11 and I'm not sure he makes it to 42, so I think we would have to trade up to get him.  And that depends on the cost.  Locked on Bengals did a FanSpeak mock on Sunday night where they gave up a 5 and a 6 to move up in 2 for him, and I'd be ok with that.

We were doing this based on the Mock Draft above.  This Mock had us taking a QB at 42 and Wilson going at 57 to the Eagles.

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

I don't know much, but I can see that happening and wouldn't mind at all. Where is he projected?

I've seen him projected to be a second round pick.

Some drafts have him going anywhere from the 1st to 3rd rounds.

So he'll probably be a top 15 pick  :ninja?:

12 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I've seen him projected to be a second round pick.

Some drafts have him going anywhere from the 1st to 3rd rounds.

So he'll probably be a top 15 pick  :ninja?:

If the Browns still needed a QB he would! 😁  The guy feels more McCarron than anything.  Might go later than many think. 

My 1st round priorities/wishlist:

1a.  A 10-year OT who can play LT (or possibly both)

1b. A 10-year RT (if they aren't a sure thing you can usually find a serviceable RT in the 2nd or 3rd Rd)

2. A dynamic defensive playmaker (preferably a LB). Devin White is probably the best fit of those who might still be there at 11.  Love the way he closes on the ball.

3. A can't miss 3-down DT.  If they aren't "can't miss" then you can probably find a decent 2-down run stuffer to go next to Geno later in the draft.

TE CJ Conrad is local kid who played at UK. Solid blocker, good hands & decent speed.  Was sent home from the Combine because the meds found a heart valve issue.  Got a second opinion and was "fully cleared."  I'd bring him in pre-draft and if he checks out,  I would mind the Bengals pending a fifth or one of our sixth round picks.  Had been rated as high as the 2nd or 3rd round.  Under-utilized as a receiver at UK. (if he falls that far).

Dalton & Green to OAK for #4 & #24 (+).  Take Dwayne Haskins @ 4, DJ Metcalf @ 11 & Dexter Lawrence at 24.  Get a vet QB to placehold until Haskins is ready.  If you're not gonna re-up Dalton, go all-in on a rebuild & do it now

8 hours ago, snarkster said:

Dalton & Green to OAK for #4 & #24 (+).  Take Dwayne Haskins @ 4, DJ Metcalf @ 11 & Dexter Lawrence at 24.  Get a vet QB to placehold until Haskins is ready.  If you're not gonna re-up Dalton, go all-in on a rebuild & do it now

You're not going to get 4 and 24 for Green and Dalton.  :smile: Nice idea though.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

You're not going to get 4 and 24 for Green and Dalton.  :smile: Nice idea though.

Ah, wasn't all that serious.  Just sayin' if Dalton's days are numbered and you're gonna go full rebuild, don't half-ass it like the Reds.  Go all-in.  Deal some names while they still have some control/value.

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just now, snarkster said:

Ah, wasn't all that serious.  Just sayin' if Dalton's days are numbered and you're gonna go full rebuild, don't half-ass it like the Reds.  Go all-in.  Deal some names while they still have some control/value.

Neither Dalton or Green have much trade value.  They are both in the final year of their current contracts. Nobody is giving up much for a player they control for 1 year. 

26 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Neither Dalton or Green have much trade value.  They are both in the final year of their current contracts. Nobody is giving up much for a player they control for 1 year. 

Dalton has two years.  That's why they are not renegotiating it this year.  It gives them a chance to see him in Zacs offense.

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

Dalton has two years.  That's why they are not renegotiating it this year.  It gives them a chance to see him in Zacs offense.

My bad and I agree on Andy.   AJ definitely not worth a first with one year left and at current age.

46 minutes ago, SF2 said:

My bad and I agree on Andy.   AJ definitely not worth a first with one year left and at current age.

You may be right but I still think we either extend or franchise tag him.  I'm guessing the latter. 

Archived