2019 Draft Talk

14 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Greg Little would be a monumental reach though ...I really don't think we have to worry about that one.

Little will be drafted in the first round. Too big, fast and long to drop out of top 32.  Could easily be the best OT in the draft if he were more consistent.  He played in the SEC, has had to block actual NFL prospects. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Little will be drafted in the first round. Too big, fast and long to drop out of top 32.  Could easily be the best OT in the draft if he were more consistent.  He played in the SEC, has had to block actual NFL prospects. 

Third rounder at best.

He's just a big slug that plays with zero effort.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

The only other spot I could see reaching us that makes sense is maybe one of the corners, Williams or Murphy.  I don't see anything that screams elite that would make it to us.  Still, we could simply over pay Dre a little and get an LB or OT. 

I don’t think Greedy Williams would be a reach at all. I have seen mocks that have Ed Oliver available at 11, or the kid from Clemson. 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Third rounder at best.

He isn't a big slug who plays with zero effort.  He is extremely athletic but yes, he takes whole series off sometimes.  Don't forget Ole Miss was a dumpster fire of a team last year.

I just know too many clubs care more about athleticism and physical stats vs. actual game film.  Our #9 pick WR in 2017 is a perfect example.  The guy has hours of game film where you think he is the next great OT then he will play an absolutely terrible quarter.  Very thin OT class, some redeemer will take him early.

If Taylor's offense is anything like the Rams, we won't be taking a TE high. The Rams TEs weren't very visible and were mostly blockers. There are a bunch of TEs in the draft and free agency this year so we'll probably re-sign at least 1 of Kroft or Uzomah, maybe both. I'd bring back Uzomah and add a good blocking TE in Jesse James of the Stealers. 

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I think we need to draft an fast but oft-injured and useless route running WR in the first round. Or have we done that already recently?

I think our new offensive staff will know how to use Ross. 

13 hours ago, sparky151 said:

If Taylor's offense is anything like the Rams, we won't be taking a TE high. The Rams TEs weren't very visible and were mostly blockers. There are a bunch of TEs in the draft and free agency this year so we'll probably re-sign at least 1 of Kroft or Uzomah, maybe both. I'd bring back Uzomah and add a good blocking TE in Jesse James of the Stealers. 

The Rams did try and get Eifert to be their go to TE.  They simply ran out of money to pick up a better TE.  They guys they had left were Uzomah types which isn't a horrible thing.  

On 2/20/2019 at 12:06 PM, spicoli said:

Third rounder at best.

Now that's about the most opposite 2 views I've seen on a draft choice to date. Bengals need an absolute B- draft or better to keep up in the div.

Unless we unleash the beast in FA but not likely LOL.

23 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Definitely want to see Kroft or/and Uz back if TyE doesn't agree to a incentive contract.

Jame's probably wants too much but I'd talk to him. 

On 2/20/2019 at 1:29 PM, SF2 said:

He isn't a big slug who plays with zero effort.  He is extremely athletic but yes, he takes whole series off sometimes.  Don't forget Ole Miss was a dumpster fire of a team last year.

I just know too many clubs care more about athleticism and physical stats vs. actual game film.  Our #9 pick WR in 2017 is a perfect example.  The guy has hours of game film where you think he is the next great OT then he will play an absolutely terrible quarter.  Very thin OT class, some redeemer will take him early.

Damn, a guy who takes off a whole series at times? Spells quitter to me, no matter who he is playing for. 

Very risky pick.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think he used to host one of those shows where people eat bugs

You mean the "Stealer Winter Training Table" cooking show?  Very big in Pissburgh.  Most popular regional gourmet delicacies not found on a Permanti Bros. sandwich.

13 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Definitely want to see Kroft or/and Uz back if TyE doesn't agree to a incentive contract.

Jame's probably wants too much but I'd talk to him. 

James is a backup in Pitt (to McDonald). He might be a starter in Cincy if Taylor wants the TE to primarily block. He shouldn't be expensive. 

Archived