Bengals attempt to interview Kubiak

Denver blocked it 

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/1/6/18170812/broncos-interviewing-gary-kubiak

The assumption is we tried to interview him for OC. This concerns me. Do we already have a head coach in house (Hue, Lazor, Simmons, *vomit*) assembling a staff or is the front office not letting a new coach pick his staff???

2 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

My first thought was Joseph maybe wanting him as his OC

I would love to kubiak but Denver wasn't going give before they brought in joseph. the Broncos had worked out a deal with kubiak before he left,to work in their front office.I love hearing the Bengals are expanding their options.

5 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Denver blocked it 

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/1/6/18170812/broncos-interviewing-gary-kubiak

The assumption is we tried to interview him for OC. This concerns me. Do we already have a head coach in house (Hue, Lazor, Simmons, *vomit*) assembling a staff or is the front office not letting a new coach pick his staff???

I'm guessing the latter.  If it was at the request of our future HC why wouldn't they announce the hire?

Maybe not, but who would trust this organization?  Not hard to imagine them sitting on an unpopular HC move while they go through the motions of being declined by anyone remotely qualified when they realize the job is more "lightning rod for the bad decisions of the Brown family" than football coach.

So apparently the Bengals were looking to interview Kubiak as a HC......Denver put a clause in his contract though that somehow ties him to a front office position...so unless someone wants to put him in their FO, Denver can block it. 

34 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So apparently the Bengals were looking to interview Kubiak as a HC......Denver put a clause in his contract though that somehow ties him to a front office position...so unless someone wants to put him in their FO, Denver can block it. 

That makes me feel better

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Where did you see that?  It was reported pretty widely that both the Bengals and Falcons wanted to interview him for the OC position. 

Why that might be is this...Hi son is currently the assistant QBs coach for the Broncos. He is well thought of and "due for a promotion". Klint is good friends with Zac Taylor. It's possible the Bengals are interested in Taylor but want him to have a veteran coach running his offense. Taylor HC, Gary as OC, Klint as QB

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Where did you see that?  It was reported pretty widely that both the Bengals and Falcons wanted to interview him for the OC position. 

I don't know, I think it was in a Bengals Wire article somewhere.....if I get time today I'll look for it and post link.

Basically it said that the only reason Denver has the power to block a HC request is because of that front office clause. 

Archived