Coaching Staff 2019 Changes as they come

I can see those season ticket ads now:

"Sack the Dey"

"Be sure to gets those choice seat locations now--welcome to the thrills of NFL Gameday, where you'll have a live, close-up view of all those guys in headsets you have never heard of before. And, you'll be there when they get booted out on their collective arses. What a game!"

5 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I hope it's Bill Callahan. Otherwise that's a devastating situation. And there were some problems with Callahan and injuries. 

I'm not sure I would say devastating (unless Paul Alexander is re-hired). 

I don't think Pollack is a bad coach, but I do think he's being WAYYYYYYY overrated by Bengals fans. 

He didn't build the Dallas offensive line, Bill Callahan did. 

The Bengals line was certainly better last year, but how much of that had to do with the fact that Ogbuehi wasn't out there? Same with Bodine. 

Also factor in that Paul Alexander was no longer in charge of designing the run game (we don't know who was in 2018) and you get better results.

Pollack did have a new first round pick in his stable though and he was pretty bad.

I could chalk that up to merely being a rookie center, but I've been scratching my head over the idea of running a zone blocking scheme and drafting a center with alligator arms, who would be considered average at best athletically. It didn't make sense then and it still doesn't. If that was Pollack's pick, I'm not sure I want him around anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I'm not sure I would say devastating (unless Paul Alexander is re-hired). 

I don't think Pollack is a bad coach, but I do think he's being WAYYYYYYY overrated by Bengals fans. 

He didn't build the Dallas offensive line, Bill Callahan did. 

The Bengals line was certainly better last year, but how much of that had to do with the fact that Ogbuehi wasn't out there? Same with Bodine. 

Also factor in that Paul Alexander was no longer in charge of designing the run game (we don't know who was in 2018) and you get better results.

Pollack did have a new first round pick in his stable though and he was pretty bad.

I could chalk that up to merely being a rookie center, but I've been scratching my head over the idea of running a zone blocking scheme and drafting a center with alligator arms, who would be considered average at best athletically. It didn't make sense then and it still doesn't. If that was Pollack's pick, I'm not sure I want him around anyway. 

Sure, Rick Jr.,Sure!

10 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think I'd take my chances ...he's one of the most respected OL gurus there is in the NFL.

Archived