Coaching Staff 2019 Changes as they come

31 minutes ago, Hooky said:

A brave, tough guy wouldn't have whined about being bullied. That was a gateway moment for the pussification of the NFL. You can't imagine a worse hire? Do you want Alexander back? I'll wait and see how he does instead of pretending that I know what a good OL coach hire is. Zac really wanted him, so hating this signing is an indictment on him. Thus already bitching about a new young coach after an eternity of Marvin.

22 veterans kill themselves a day. All are brave. Brave people have mental health problems. They need people to care about them when things are going wrong and to be brave and step up in difficult and awkward situations. This is the exact type of guy I wouldn't want anywhere near anyone I cared about. Doesn't seem to have learned a thing from his mistakes. I agree 100% this is an indictment on Zac. 

44 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I get no trolling out of old's post whatsoever. I felt it was a genuine attempt to calm some nerves about the hiring from a man he knows that is probably more familiar with the guy than any of us.

Calling a guy who was bullied a psycho?

Saying this hire was better than we could have hoped for? That's ridiculous. We literally had a guy on staff that was already better. We also have a coach now that is tied into 3 guys who have coached OL for years and years in the NFL, Bill Callahan, Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman. Outside if Alexander coming back this is about the worst case scenario. 

18 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I was hesitant to say it, but a huge OL being bullied by another huge OL is silly to me. IIRC, what was finally considered bullying had gone on between both of them for months back and forth, then the guy decided that Incognito went too far, regardless of what he said to Incognito in months of the exchange. The org should've had them shake hands or trade one of them if they couldn't get along instead of witch hunting the staff. The whole team was probably aware of their constant feuding, but somebody had to go down after the media blew it up.

This idea is toxic and problematic in a bunch of different ways. The idea that someone is tough so he can be treated poorly just doesn't jive with a rational society. Your job or size doesn't insulate your brain from how it fires, it doesn't insulate how you were conditioned growing up, it doesn't insulate what it tells you. The more we recognize that the more people will feel comfortable getting help. Luckily your mindset is going the way of the dinosaur and young people are embracing this idea. There is nothing strong about bullying someone. 

No staff was witch hunted. The staff couldn't handle what should have been a simple situation. A quality coach diffuses this. Not only did Turner not diffuse it. HE TOOK PART IN IT. 

12 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Calling a guy who was bullied a psycho?

Martin has been proven to be a psycho. He's was charged with 4 felonies and is wearing a GPS monitor as I type this.

Saying this hire was better than we could have hoped for? That's ridiculous. We literally had a guy on staff that was already better. We also have a coach now that is tied into 3 guys who have coached OL for years and years in the NFL, Bill Callahan, Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman. Outside if Alexander coming back this is about the worst case scenario. 

Pollack wanted out. Callahan, Philbin and Sherman are all under contract with other teams.

3 minutes ago, Homer_Rice said:

Hey, Michael. I just got an email from Zac Taylor. He said for me to tell you to shut the fuck up and let him do his job.

:lmao:

What's the fun in that though? 

16 years of Marvin and all I have read, especially the past few years, how we needed to move on.

How we needed to think outside the box and bring in new blood. That happens and then it's like...

NO!!!! NOT LIKE THAT!!!! THAT"S HORRIBLE!!! THE WORST!!! OMFG WTF BBQ!!!11111

11 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

This idea is toxic and problematic in a bunch of different ways. The idea that someone is tough so he can be treated poorly just doesn't jive with a rational society. Your job or size doesn't insulate your brain from how it fires, it doesn't insulate how you were conditioned growing up, it doesn't insulate what it tells you. The more we recognize that the more people will feel comfortable getting help. Luckily your mindset is going the way of the dinosaur and young people are embracing this idea. There is nothing strong about bullying someone. 

No staff was witch hunted. The staff couldn't handle what should have been a simple situation. A quality coach diffuses this. Not only did Turner not diffuse it. HE TOOK PART IN IT. 

That was predictable and hilarious and you didn't address that both of them were doing it to each other. Real bullying cases are generally one-sided. It's not problematic to question somebody's bullying claims and it's not good that young people are trained to believe every bullying claim and often exploit them. And you're not right just because you think you are. I've been accused of bullying on line for simply disagreeing with somebody. Which trivializes real cases of bullying,

And it's "jibe", not "jive". Just to save you embarrassment, not being the spelling police. You're welcome.

Having coached a lot of youth sports I have had quite a few unstable kids on my teams.  I had to game plan with parents what to do when they get triggered and I mean triggered.  One minute they are fine, they get a minor penalty for something or simply drop the ball out of their crosse (Lax)  and they go off the deap end. The only thing I can do is take them out of the game or practice which just makes it worse.  Now, everyone on the sideline is looking at them saying to themselves "What the fuck is your problem?"  I am talking 9 to 15 year olds.  I am the coach, not a psychologist. 

These are grown ass PROFESSIONAL men who have already played at every level.  The idea that your supposed to be trying to diagnose their psychosis while teaching them blocking schemes is laughable.  They are highly paid professionals, not 10 year old kids playing pop warner. 

40 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

22 veterans kill themselves a day. All are brave. Brave people have mental health problems. They need people to care about them when things are going wrong and to be brave and step up in difficult and awkward situations. This is the exact type of guy I wouldn't want anywhere near anyone I cared about. Doesn't seem to have learned a thing from his mistakes. I agree 100% this is an indictment on Zac. 

Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck you for bringing veterans into a conversation about two huge grown men getting in trouble for teasing each other. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

The Dolphins fan I was talking to is actually my 27 year old son that lives in Ohio.

The Bengals sucked so bad when he was little I couldn't get him to be a fan.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-legally-disown-children

:lol:

Although it wouldn't be a joke if he became a stealer fan.

4 minutes ago, Cat said:

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-legally-disown-children

:lol:

Although it wouldn't be a joke if he became a stealer fan.

I have let it be known that my kids could be elite athletes, get drafted by the Stealers and I would boo them 

at every family get together until they weren't Stealers anymore. 

My mom told me one time she likes the Stealers. I have contacted Maury Povich and am currently waiting on the DNA results.

30 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I have let it be known that my kids could be elite athletes, get drafted by the Stealers and I would boo them 

at every family get together until they weren't Stealers anymore. 

My mom told me one time she likes the Stealers. I have contacted Maury Povich and am currently waiting on the DNA results.

Amen and :24: 

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Martin has been proven to be a psycho. He's was charged with 4 felonies and is wearing a GPS monitor as I type this.

Pollack wanted out. Callahan, Philbin and Sherman are all under contract with other teams.

Jonathan Martin needed help. Instead his own coach bullied him. 

Philbin is?

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Having coached a lot of youth sports I have had quite a few unstable kids on my teams.  I had to game plan with parents what to do when they get triggered and I mean triggered.  One minute they are fine, they get a minor penalty for something or simply drop the ball out of their crosse (Lax)  and they go off the deap end. The only thing I can do is take them out of the game or practice which just makes it worse.  Now, everyone on the sideline is looking at them saying to themselves "What the fuck is your problem?"  I am talking 9 to 15 year olds.  I am the coach, not a psychologist. 

These are grown ass PROFESSIONAL men who have already played at every level.  The idea that your supposed to be trying to diagnose their psychosis while teaching them blocking schemes is laughable.  They are highly paid professionals, not 10 year old kids playing pop warner. 

You don't have to diagnose their psychosis to try to create an atmosphere that is safe, where a worker can be vulnerable enough to grow which is the best case scenario to lead to success for the entire team. You don't have to be their counselor. All you have to do is show you care enough about them that your invested in them holistically. The beginning of every good team is a good climate and atmosphere where people buy in. Where people are not afraid to take risks and grow. He not only didn't create that he did the opposite. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck you for bringing veterans into a conversation about two huge grown men getting in trouble for teasing each other. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

This is silly. Bringing in veterans makes complete sense because it's the toxic masculinity that leads to these people feeling week for having emotions and seeking help that attributes directly to their deaths. The same one that says these are grown men playing football and they shouldn't have emotions. 

Coaches at literally every level will make much more of an impact on their players lives if they focus on them as humans before players. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

This is silly. Bringing in veterans makes complete sense because it's the toxic masculinity that leads to these people feeling week for having emotions and seeking help that attributes directly to their deaths. The same one that says these are grown men playing football and they shouldn't have emotions. 

Coaches at literally every level will make much more of an impact on their players lives if they focus on them as humans before players. 

You said my post is silly, then posted that crap. I didn't say that they shouldn't have emotions. You can have emotions without being a whiny bitch. At least some of us. 

The coaches are there to win football games, not to have an impact on the players' lives. Though it happens incidentally at times.

Archived