Coaching Staff 2019 Changes as they come

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

And that is a viable thought. But, the Bengals have--by not only their own players, but experts--one of the finest weight rooms and cardio facilities in the league. Take a tour of PBS sometime, the locker/weight rooms are impressive. 

I’ll totally take your word for it...but, just because the facilities are top notch, that doesn’t mean they are being optimally used.

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

My mom told me one time she likes the Stealers. I have contacted Maury Povich and am currently waiting on the DNA results.

Well then, you just remind her that you have a say on which nursing home she may go into.

Fun fact - there is an old lady two rooms down in my mom's nursing home that has a stealer wreath - I always threaten to rip it down. For some reason my wife and kids think it would be poor citizenship for me to do so.

59 minutes ago, Cat said:

Well then, you just remind her that you have a say on which nursing home she may go into.

Fun fact - there is an old lady two rooms down in my mom's nursing home that has a stealer wreath - I always threaten to rip it down. For some reason my wife and kids think it would be poor citizenship for me to do so.

Threaten to send her to a nursing home in Shittsburgh. She'll change her tune and beg for forgiveness.

4 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

You don't have to diagnose their psychosis to try to create an atmosphere that is safe, where a worker can be vulnerable enough to grow which is the best case scenario to lead to success for the entire team. You don't have to be their counselor. All you have to do is show you care enough about them that your invested in them holistically. The beginning of every good team is a good climate and atmosphere where people buy in. Where people are not afraid to take risks and grow. He not only didn't create that he did the opposite. 

There was nothing unsafe about anything. Nobody expected perfection and in fact, the last 14 year old with issues I had do deal with was one of the best players on the team.  Not much I can do when they have one of their episodes and the referee tells me to get them off the field.    Then mom has to run to the player side of the field and talk their child off the cliff while they sob uncontrollably in front of their teammates.   

"All you have to do is show you care enough about them that your invested in them holistically"  LOL, so you think this will prevent someone with mental issues from getting triggered on the field?  Someone bumps into them and they meltdown?   We are talking about ACTUAL mental issues.   I am not talking about self esteem issues of just fitting in.  One of the players was good friends with everyone on the team but when she hit puberty all hell broke loose.  I am talking about 1 minute everyone is fine, laughing, playing etc and the next minute the player is going after another girl with her stick.  Parents eventually had to move her to a very small private school with very small classes because she could not be near a crowd. 

ITS THE NFL.  It is professional football.  You act like these players are going to their first high school dance and are trying to buildup the courage to ask a girl to the dance floor.  Martin and Incognito have MENTAL issues.  Incognito was arrested for demanding the funeral home cut off his dead father's head for research purposes or he would go get the guns out of his car and start shooting.  Yes, he did have guns in his car.

There is NO fucking amount of hand holding or watching episodes of Barney that will fix that kind of shit in an NFL locker room.   Worse, they probably (I don't know for a fact) are not allowed to take medication that might actually help them due to league drug policies. 

4 hours ago, Cat said:

It would be a public service.

30 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

The person that could be our next DC 

I wouldn't mind having Aubrey Pleasant as our next DC....he fits right in with Zac's concept of building a staff of energetic, out-of-the-box thinking type guys.

30 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

A look at the new Head coaches and their staffs. I mentioned earlier that I assumed, and hoped, that we would go veteran coaches around the youthful head coach. That hasn't been the case but I was curious if other coaches did that. 

Arizona 

HC: Kliff Kingsbury

Passing game Coordinator and QB coach: Tom Clements, Ex Packers and Bills OC

DC: Vance Joseph, Ex Broncos HC, Ex Dolphins DC

Miami

HC: Brian Flores

AHC, QB Coach: Jim Caldwell, Ex Lions HC, Ravens OC, Wake HC

OC: Chad Oshea, First time OC, coached since 1996

DC: Patrick Graham, First time DC, coached since 2002

WR: Karl Dorrel, Former UCLA HC, OC at Washington, Colorado and N Arizona

Cleveland

HC: Freddie Kitchens

OC: Todd Monken, Former Bucs OC, Head Coach at S. Miss, OC at Oke St and Eastern Michigan

DC: Steve Wilkes, Ex Cardinals HC, Ex Panthers DC

NYJ

HC: Adam Gase

OC: Dowell Loggins, Ex Miami OC, Bears OC, Titans OC

DC: Gregg Williams, Ex Browns interim HC/DC, Rams DC, Saints DC, Jax DC, Redskins DC, Bills HC, Titans DC

RB: Jim Bob Cooter, Ex Lions OC

Bucs

HC: Bruce Arians

OC: Byron Leftwich, Cardinals OC

DC: Todd Bowles, Jets HC, Cardinals DC

Run Game Coordinator: Harold Goodwin. Cardinals OC

Packers

HC: Matt LafLeur

OC:  Nathaniel Hackett, Jax OC, Bills OC, Syracuse OC

DC: Mike Pettine, Packers OC, Browns HC, Bills OC, Jets OC

Broncos

HC: Vic Fangio

OC: Rich Scangarello, Wagner OC, N Arizona OC, UC Davis OC

DC: Ed Donatell, Washington U DC, Falcons DC, Packers DC

OL: Mike Munchack, Titans HC, 

Bengals

HC: Zac Taylor

Coaches added so far

OC: Brian Callahan, Coaching since 2010, Taylor's College coaches son, never called plays

OL: Jim Turner, 2 years of experience in the NFL, fired due to scandal, Taylor's father in laws first cousin

TE: James Casey, Has never coached in the NFL, Was a player for Zac's brother's team in Philly

DC: Possibly Anthony Pleasant who only has 2 years as a position coach in the NFL

Interesting overview, Mr. Weston. 30,000 foot, fact-based. 

Would probably be a mish-mash clusterfuck regardless of the way they did it: a bunch of experienced coaches doing things "their way" (there is a reason they are ex-coaches from somewhere else), following a no-experience HC....compared with little experienced coaches experimenting with "their way" (more like a laboratory Petri Dish style), following a similar HC. 

It is what it is, as the saying goes.

Archived