Coaching Staff 2019 Changes as they come

22 hours ago, schotzee said:

e

Zac and Del Rio talked at least though I thought?.

They did.  And Zac decided it wasn't a good fit and the conversation ended there.  Capers was ever a real candidate.  Grantham stayed at FL for family reasons (kid in HS).  Gotta love the media spin zoned narrative of all of these candidates "turning down the Bengals" though.

21 minutes ago, Girevik said:

I find that troubling.  Wonder if he's regretting that decision now.  Anyone have John Fox's phone number? 

Why?!? Read up a little on Del Rio. He's known to be a clock puncher who throws other coaches under the bus and is demed to have a lot of personality clashes with people in his own organization. Not really the guy you want to start up with. The NFL is also changing and smash mouth football isn't really a thing. I wouldn't have lost my shit if he was hired but, I have zero issue with Taylor passing. Get the right guy, not the guy with the name.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That's what Twitter is for, after all.  Trolling is patriotic.

What's this Twitter you speak of?

I troll the shit out of Yahoo.

Speaking of which, stole the below from an article on our DC search woes:

"I nominate Hue Jackson. He was excellent at stopping the Browns offense for years."

another recent addition:

They just named Vontaze Burfict as their Defensive Coordinator.

3 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I dont know about Vontaze as DC but i would like him to forever troll the sidelines when we play the Stealers.

Burfict could disappear to India to follow some guru like the Beatles & the Stealers would still be whining about him 10 years from now.

11 hours ago, spicoli said:

"Fresh and new" 

Drink!

I am already drunk

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Burfict could disappear to India to follow some guru like the Beatles & the Stealers would still be whining about him 10 years from now.

fuck the stealers 

50 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This will be the week. 

ha ha 

58 minutes ago, BBR said:

I think I read somewhere that he's got a son in highschool with a possible future in baseball, so it was unlikely that he'd uproot his family right now.

Did he only discover this after interviewing here, like Mike Brown reminded him he had a son?

Otherwise the "family reasons" stuff doesn't add up.

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Let's guess: these guys worked with somebody's brother or father-in-law who once went to school with a cousin who once asked for directions in College Station, TX or Miami? 

We've resorted to pulling guys out of area high school programs.  

Archived