Coaching Staff 2019 Changes as they come

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

Turner will need some new player if he plans to be successful

I agree, hopefully the Bengals go oline in the first and third round, preferably OT then OG or C. 

There is a C coming out of Texas A&M named Eric McCoy who was coached by Turner and should be available in the 3rd or 4th round.  

An elite OT prospect like Ford, Williams, or Dillard at 11 combined with a player that can play either OG or C in middle of draft would go a long way to helping this offensive line. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I agree, hopefully the Bengals go oline in the first and third round, preferably OT then OG or C. 

There is a C coming out of Texas A&M named Eric McCoy who was coached by Turner and should be available in the 3rd or 4th round.  

An elite OT prospect like Ford, Williams, or Dillard at 11 combined with a player that can play either OG or C in middle of draft would go a long way to helping this offensive line. 

Still going to have to open up the wallet for some free agents.   I'm not giving up on Price after one season but we've got nothing otherwise.  Glenn couldn't make it through last season so I don't know why they'd expect anything different this year..  Well, other than our tendency to keep betting on injured players beyond all logic and maybe acceptance of the fact all this damage isn't getting fixed in one offseason. 

I hope I'm wrong but this coaching staff is going to turn out to be a disaster. I was OK with bringing in a 35 yr old coach with little experience but only if he brought in asst coaches with experience. He did just the opposite. This is going to it look like the kids took over the Principal's office and unfortunately will make Marvin Lewis and his staff glow in the rear view mirror. Prepare for an ugly 2-3 yrs. 

11 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

There’s a good number of you chicken little’s I’d like to know: if you’re so certain things are gonna be so bad, if it’s always been such a chore to root for this team, why hang around and keep it up?

That's like saying why do you love your kid when they keep getting into trouble. 

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

There’s a good number of you chicken little’s I’d like to know: if you’re so certain things are gonna be so bad, if it’s always been such a chore to root for this team, why hang around and keep it up?

Chicken Little would entail fear and trepidation as a component.

Dont Give A Rat's Ass entails just what it says, in addition to simply not anticipating anything. 

9 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I hope I'm wrong but this coaching staff is going to turn out to be a disaster. I was OK with bringing in a 35 yr old coach with little experience but only if he brought in asst coaches with experience. He did just the opposite. This is going to it look like the kids took over the Principal's office and unfortunately will make Marvin Lewis and his staff glow in the rear view mirror. Prepare for an ugly 2-3 yrs. 

We shall see. I'm ready to deal with it.

9 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

But at least there's hope for a big upside move eventually, unlike the Marvin Lewis regime where we saw all it had to offer, over and over again.

A Senior Defensive Assistant...like he's going to overrule anything Looouie is going to want to do? 

But, if it's: "Hey Lou, you don't know your ass from your elbow on X and Y...here's how you do it, noob...", got it. 

Then again, John Cooper was some sort of Senior Something...and wasn't Hue also? 

21 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

You have zero clue who any of these coaches are so how can you be so confident that it is going to be s disaster?

Archived