Sign in to follow this  
MichaelWeston

Coaching Staff 2019 Changes as they come

I can see those season ticket ads now:

"Sack the Dey"

"Be sure to gets those choice seat locations now--welcome to the thrills of NFL Gameday, where you'll have a live, close-up view of all those guys in headsets you have never heard of before. And, you'll be there when they get booted out on their collective arses. What a game!"

Coaches still on staff (for now):

Alex Van Pelt (QB)

Bob Bicnell (WR)

Frank Pollack (OL)

Robert Livingston (DB)

Daronte Jones (DB)

Darrin Simmons (ST)

3 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Did Burney leave for sure?

This list is from Dehner, so I'm not sure.

18 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

This one is a bit of a surprise.

I hope it's Bill Callahan. Otherwise that's a devastating situation. And there were some problems with Callahan and injuries. 

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

there were some problems with Callahan and injuries.

I'm not sure i understand what one has to do with the other?

Indy OL coach fired today. Frank Reich wanted his own guy. Coach was left over from Josh McDaniels hire. Might be worth a look. Indy had a pretty stout OL this year. 

29 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I hope it's Bill Callahan. Otherwise that's a devastating situation. And there were some problems with Callahan and injuries. 

His father inlaw has OL background.

Zac Taylor had interest in getting his own guy in that important spot.

608803896.jpg.0.jpg

:ninja:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

I'm not sure i understand what one has to do with the other?

Me either. If you read a story about Callahan, writen by a cincy jungle level writer, they talk about how he coached causing injuries. 

52 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Me either. If you read a story about Callahan, writen by a cincy jungle level writer, they talk about how he coached causing injuries. 

Weird

5 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I'm not sure I would say devastating (unless Paul Alexander is re-hired). 

I don't think Pollack is a bad coach, but I do think he's being WAYYYYYYY overrated by Bengals fans. 

He didn't build the Dallas offensive line, Bill Callahan did. 

The Bengals line was certainly better last year, but how much of that had to do with the fact that Ogbuehi wasn't out there? Same with Bodine. 

Also factor in that Paul Alexander was no longer in charge of designing the run game (we don't know who was in 2018) and you get better results.

Pollack did have a new first round pick in his stable though and he was pretty bad.

I could chalk that up to merely being a rookie center, but I've been scratching my head over the idea of running a zone blocking scheme and drafting a center with alligator arms, who would be considered average at best athletically. It didn't make sense then and it still doesn't. If that was Pollack's pick, I'm not sure I want him around anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I'm not sure I would say devastating (unless Paul Alexander is re-hired). 

I don't think Pollack is a bad coach, but I do think he's being WAYYYYYYY overrated by Bengals fans. 

He didn't build the Dallas offensive line, Bill Callahan did. 

The Bengals line was certainly better last year, but how much of that had to do with the fact that Ogbuehi wasn't out there? Same with Bodine. 

Also factor in that Paul Alexander was no longer in charge of designing the run game (we don't know who was in 2018) and you get better results.

Pollack did have a new first round pick in his stable though and he was pretty bad.

I could chalk that up to merely being a rookie center, but I've been scratching my head over the idea of running a zone blocking scheme and drafting a center with alligator arms, who would be considered average at best athletically. It didn't make sense then and it still doesn't. If that was Pollack's pick, I'm not sure I want him around anyway. 

Sure, Rick Jr.,Sure!

1 minute ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Shouldn't you be washing Marvin's car before he makes the trip down to Del Boca Vista?

Well it appears you've been buffing Ricks Golf cart!😂

I'm a bit surprised to see Pollack go,  but I have to wonder how much of the false start issue lands on his shoulders. The pre snap penalties were ridiculous.