Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
MichaelWeston

OC options and then some

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Just saying, today's phenom--real or perceived--can and does change into tomorrow's run-and-shoot. 

who cares?

and again....would you rather have Marv?

I just don't understand why it's a bad thing that the Bengals are trying something new for the first time in 17 years..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spicoli said:

who cares?

and again....would you rather have Marv?

I just don't understand why it's a bad thing that the Bengals are trying something new for the first time in 17 years..

Makes no sense. The guy interviewed at 3 places. I think he was considered last year too. Could we miss? Sure. But this is suppossed to be entertainment. We should be happier rooting for a team that shoots it's shot instead of just being ok being average. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if Zac is the guy and he told them Press is his OC, any chance they hire Press this week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spicoli said:

who cares?

and again....would you rather have Marv?

I just don't understand why it's a bad thing that the Bengals are trying something new for the first time in 17 years..

And, again, I said I don't give a shit what they do. Hire/fire everyone each year/every year, for all I care. Or don't. 

 

All i am saying, is that by this time next year...the good betting line will be that the squawking head media, fantasy football expert journalists, and most (if not all) of people here will be crapping all over Boy Wonder QB coach/Passing Game Coordinator/Whatever-the-fuck-he-is, and screaming for somebody else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And, again, I said I don't give a shit what they do. Hire/fire everyone each year/every year, for all I care. Or don't. 

 

All i am saying, is that by this time next year...the good betting line will be that the squawking head media, fantasy football expert journalists, and most (if not all) of people here will be crapping all over Boy Wonder QB coach/Passing Game Coordinator/Whatever-the-fuck-he-is, and screaming for somebody else. 

 

Maybe, but personally I don't expect this thing to get turned around in a year.  I'll be looking at things like preparation, tackling, not taking stupid delay of game penalties & general clock management.. Things that can be done immediately despite some gaping holes in the roster, in areas that have been constant problems.  And a good draft to address some of that would be nice, too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And the favor of the NFL will come into play as well, of course.

 

This is the most (tentatively) positive press.. Or hell any kind of national coverage... That I've seen since at least 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

So if Zac is the guy and he told them Press is his OC, any chance they hire Press this week?

What was mcdaniels timeline for his coordinators last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

 

This is the most (tentatively) positive press.. Or hell any kind of national coverage... That I've seen since at least 2015.

Key is: what sort of money-maker would that entail? John Q Buying Public would have to get an advertising blitzkrieg from the squawkers in the media in order to sell some heretofore unnoticed QB coach/Passing Game coordinator, and then actually get them interested. 

 

Chances are, the league will just stick with the blingy things they already have. The Bengals will simply continue to be the cardboard cut outs in the act. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

What was mcdaniels timeline for his coordinators last year. 

Don't know.  I don't pay that close attention to any other team.  But I know at least his coordinators were hired before he quit after the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People still worried about what the media says and thinks blows me mind.  First off, the Bengals have done zero to change the narrative.  Secondly, it doesnt really matter.....at all.  Let this young buck come in and win the division and a playoff game or two and see what happens.  Praise needs to be earned.  So, other than some new found ways to create more impressive mediocrity (with Marvin), they've done nothing.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Chances are, the league will just stick with the blingy things they already have. The Bengals will simply continue to be the cardboard cut outs in the act. 

 

Dude you're like a 90 year old man screaming "get off my lawn" with every single post.

If you hate everything NFL so freakin much, why even come here and talk about it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

What was mcdaniels timeline for his coordinators last year. 

Quite a few of them had already reported to Indy and signed contracts before he bitched out.  They all stayed I believe and are probably happy he stayed in Boston at this point. The Colts have $122 million in cap space.  That is not a misprint.  Just for fun, imagine Luck with Antonio Brown and L Bell for 3 seasons?  It is something they could easily do. 

 

We have $49 mil which is $12 mil ABOVE the league average but not even close to Indy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting tidbit from the Pats game plan on the weekend - James White, the RB had 15 catches but no carries. How many times did people on Bengal forums say we should be using Gio as a receiver especially with the crappy OL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

And Wilkes 

Wilkes got screwed at Arizona.  Bradford is garbage and Rosen was the worst of the 5 first rounders.  

 

He certainly has experience.  Then again so did his offense coordinator, Mike McCoy who laid a turd as OC.  You have Fitzgerald and David Johnson and you can't score points??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...but manageable as long as Wentz is on his rookie deal.

Chances of Foles being released are close to zero. Somebody will have to give up a pick or two.


Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app


My bad.

Didn’t realize Foles has an option for next year.

So it’s more likely than not that he’s going to be a free agent.

Given that it’d be a completely new scheme for Dalton, I think Foles v. Dalton is a worst a wash.

I think it is a very real possibility that Foles is the starting QB in Cincinnati next year. Can’t lie, though, I don’t know that I can get real excited about that.


Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Wilkes got screwed at Arizona.  Bradford is garbage and Rosen was the worst of the 5 first rounders.  

 

He certainly has experience.  Then again so did his offense coordinator, Mike McCoy who laid a turd as OC.  You have Fitzgerald and David Johnson and you can't score points??

Wilkes was a DC for a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Wilkes was a DC for a year. 

I know. It looks like a very good hire for them. A lot of defensive experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 8:12 PM, Jason said:

Browns hire Monken.

 

Damn.

Double Damn.

The Browns are going to be real good real quick with new coaches and lots of talented young players

and a quarterback who needs his ass kicked REAL bad.  Clueless Hue was flushed to Cincinnati who

courtesy flushed his skid mark to... to... well, someplace.

The Ghost of Paul Brown will punish me for saying this but the Browns will make the playoffs before the

Bengals do again and maybe even win a game.  The past several mediocre to suck drafts are going to

bite us in the ass.

 

Gary Kubiac going to the Minnesota Zimmers is a kick in the nuts, too.

 

Yeah, your head coach should be an integral part of selecting assistants and position coaches

and we have to wait perhaps until after the Super Bore for ours to come on board and add

to the process.  Maybe he's eyeing the other guy from the Los Angeles Whitworths or Press This Pair

of Pants, Taylor for OC.  Not a clue about DC or Linebackers coach.

 

Then there's the draft...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Double Damn.

The Browns are going to be real good real quick with new coaches and lots of talented young players

and a quarterback who needs his ass kicked REAL bad.  Clueless Hue was flushed to Cincinnati who

courtesy flushed his skid mark to... to... well, someplace.

The Ghost of Paul Brown will punish me for saying this but the Browns will make the playoffs before the

Bengals do again and maybe even win a game.  The past several mediocre to suck drafts are going to

bite us in the ass.

 

Gary Kubiac going to the Minnesota Zimmers is a kick in the nuts, too.

 

Yeah, your head coach should be an integral part of selecting assistants and position coaches

and we have to wait perhaps until after the Super Bore for ours to come on board and add

to the process.  Maybe he's eyeing the other guy from the Los Angeles Whitworths or Press This Pair

of Pants, Taylor for OC.  Not a clue about DC or Linebackers coach.

 

Then there's the draft...

 

The Browns could only suck for so long. The NFL's set up to make teams like them a winner. There's only so many times you can screw up all those draft picks and cap space. The Browns have a window to do something. They've reached the NFL's middle class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...