The Taylor-Whitworths vs Some Team from New Orleans Thread

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

...and Louisiana optometrists have offered free eye exams to NFL referees.

Here's one!

Dr. Tommy Casanova, M.D.
Dr. Tommy Casanova, M.D.
  • Louisiana State University Bachelor of Science 1973
  • University of Cincinnati Medical School 1979
  • Louisiana State University Department of Ophthalmology completed residency in 1983
  • University of Utah fellowship Oculoplastic Surgery 1984
  • Dr. Casanova practices comprehensive ophthalmology with emphasis on oculoplastic & orbital disease.Tommy_Casanova.jpg.e4a2ffc031da65b797dc4f65fbfe3c18.jpg

+1 on the Casanova reference.  When I was a kid I wanted to play receiver, but usually had to play DB...I was always Tommy Casanova...one of my all-time fav Bengals.  Cool name, cool dude.  IIRC the guy had some size for a DB by the standards back in the day.  Retired at the top of his game?

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

+1 on the Casanova reference.  When I was a kid I wanted to play receiver, but usually had to play DB...I was always Tommy Casanova...one of my all-time fav Bengals.  Cool name, cool dude.  IIRC the guy had some size for a DB by the standards back in the day.  Retired at the top of his game?

Here ya go.. 

12 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Video definitely took me back...gave me goosebumps.  Still can't believe some of those guys aren't in the HOF...what a crock.

Casanova only played 6 years. Qualified for pension, retired and went medical school. 3x pro bowl, 1x all-pro. 

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Smart man

He and guys like Robert Smith are the exception.  Smith played 8 seasons.  His last he rushed for over 1500 yards, averaged 5.2 yards and was a pro bowler.  Left the at the top of his game and still healthy.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:30 PM, HavePityPlease said:

I only saw the last 5 minutes, but that's probably the worst "refs decide the game" moment I've seen since the rigged Stealers - Seahawks Superbowl.  I mean, in any era of football that is a penalty.  He committed at least 3 separate fouls on it.  It was the only thing any ref should have been looking at.  The league is going to have to answer to this (but you can pretty much bet they'll say "can't get 'em all, refs are human!" or something equally dismissive).

Based upon what was displayed in the bottom banner on one of the sports channels yesterday, apparently the official with the most responsibility for throwing the flag on that play lives in the LA area. 

[BTW, the back judge that called the ticky-tacky offensive pass interference against Seattle (wiping out a TD) in the  Stealer-Seahawks game lived in Toledo, but grew up near Pittsburgh.  Not sure about the official that called the bogus holding calls against the Seahawks.]

2 hours ago, saphead said:

I hope NE wins by 50, the game sucks, the refs suck, the halftime show sucks, and the ratings are worse than Pawn Star re-runs. 

me too

all of the things you said are fine, but it would be their 6th... always... fuck the stealers

2 hours ago, saphead said:

I hope NE wins by 50, the game sucks, the refs suck, the halftime show sucks, and the ratings are worse than Pawn Star re-runs. 

Nah, I would rather LA win and Ndamukong Suh lands on Brady and breaks his leg on the first play.  Not amputation bad but Alex Smith, all of next season gone, bad.   

Sick and tired of the knob slobbing over Brady and Bellicheat. 

The Stealers are imploding on their own quite nicely. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Thinking more like: does Brian Hoyer finally get a ring? Damn those Browns...didn't they know who they had? 

LOL, I actually had to check to see if you were yanking my chain.   Yep, backup QB for Patriots.  

18 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I am wondering which former Bengal gets a Super Bowl ring?

It's funny how some people on here see that as some kind of win for bengals fans. They're not bengals any more. Unless you know them personally, why would anybody care? I guess if you're a fan of the player, I get it. But to expect other bengals fans to feel the same way is inane. I actually find it depressing.

3 minutes ago, Hooky said:

It's funny how some people on here see that as some kind of win for bengals fans. They're not bengals any more. Unless you know them personally, why would anybody care? I guess if you're a fan of the player, I get it. But to expect other bengals fans to feel the same way is inane. I actually find it depressing.

I'm with you Hooky, once they leave F em!

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

I'm with you Hooky, once they leave F em!

Whitworth was a consummate pro and team captain while here.  He left because the Front Office is full of incompetent cheap cocksuckers. Whit getting a ring would be the ultimate FUCK YOU Mike Brown moment. 

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Whitworth was a consummate pro and team captain while here.  He left because the Front Office is full of incompetent cheap cocksuckers. Whit getting a ring would be the ultimate FUCK YOU Mike Brown moment. 

Paying him would've been the smartest money they could have spent. Can you imagine the team letting Anthony Munoz walk back in the day? Left a gaping hole on the O-line, and the soul of the team.

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

While I see what you're saying , it still ehh does nothing for me.

If Whit gets a ring I am happy for him, If Rex gets one I am happy for him, hell it will be great if Jeremy gets one too.

I don't see it as a win for Bengal fans, I don't know them personally and I don't expect or give a flying fuck if other Bengal fans feel the same way I do.

If anyone finds it depressing I don't know what to say other than to suggest counseling or meds.

32 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

If Whit gets a ring I am happy for him, If Rex gets one I am happy for him, hell it will be great if Jeremy gets one too.

I don't see it as a win for Bengal fans, I don't know them personally and I don't expect or give a flying fuck if other Bengal fans feel the same way I do.

If anyone finds it depressing I don't know what to say other than to suggest counseling or meds.

I definitely don’t see it as a win for Bengals fan. More like the sad realization that there are some teams swinging for the fences while we bunt with the bases empty. 

Archived