Who Dey in the UK

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Tottenham had best have their new stadium done by then, or Wembley's pitch will be in worse shape than it was this season after the NFL made a cow pasture out of it. 

It is amazing what 320lb  linemen can do to a perfectly manicured soccer pitch. 

We are the away team so we don't have to play on the west coast.

Bad news is if we were the home team one less ticket to buy in the season ticket pack.

Considering going but not sure if I want to fork out that kind of money to see the Los Angeles

Globetrotters play the Cincinnati Generals.

25 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

We are the away team so we don't have to play on the west coast.

Bad news is if we were the home team one less ticket to buy in the season ticket pack.

Considering going but not sure if I want to fork out that kind of money to see the Los Angeles

Globetrotters play the Cincinnati Generals.

Go to London and avoid this shitshow like it never happened, guarantee you'd have a better time drunk in some pub watching randoms play darts

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Resolved:  Soccer Riots > NFLondon

The Premier League--as well as many European leagues--finally figured out how to curb fan violence more than a few years ago. The Hillsbourough tragedy, where 96 people died in violent stampede, was the final straw. Now, in-stadium alcohol availability is severely curbed, no standing is allowed in the seating areas or aisles, and means of movement in and out of stadiums more controlled. But perhaps the most impactful changes, have been making "visitors sections" predominant--opposing fans sit in one location, with their own entrances and exits. The numbers of fan-related violence has shrunk to minimal proportion, although not still without terrible exceptions (Google Sean Cox for example). 

Interesting. Not all four games will be at Wembley...two will be at Tottenham's new stadium:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/nfl-london-2019-teams-confirmed-four-games-wembley-new-tottenham-stadium-a4044831.html

They have been delaying opening of this stadium for a long time--money/building squabbles naturally--but they "hope" to have it open in March for Premier League dates. It is called White Hart Lane Stadium--situated in north London. Looks like a cool place:

Tottenham-new-stadium-4.jpg?width=1000&h 

Seats 52K..at an estimated cost of 850 million pounds ($1.1 Billion US)  

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'm sure this won't be scheduled right before we play Shitsburgh on SNF or anything

Doesn't the NFL automatically give the London teams a bye after the week they play in London? I thought I read that somewhere the last time the Bengals played there. 

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

Doesn't the NFL automatically give the London teams a bye after the week they play in London? I thought I read that somewhere the last time the Bengals played there. 

The Bengals -did- have a bye after their Wembley trip in 2016, but it's not guaranteed.  Over the last 4 seasons, the NFL has played 13 games in London.  Of those 26 teams, all of them had a bye the week following EXCEPT for 4 of them:

2016: IND played JAX at Wembley on 10/2 (week 4) and hosted CHI on 10/9 (week 5)

2017: JAX played BAL at Wembley on 9/24 (Week 3) and played at NYJ on 10/1 (Week 4)

2017: BAL played JAX at Wembley on 9/24 (week 3) and hosted PIT on 10/1 (Week 4)

2017: MIA played NOS at Wembley on 10/1 (Week 4) and hosted TEN on 10/8 (Week 5)

So that's 22 of 26 teams over the last 4 seasons getting a post-London bye.

For those thinking about going, the schedule won't come out until April, but it's a safe bet the game will be played in October.  The earliest London game over the past 4 years was 9/24, the latest was 11/1.  If I were to make a guess, I would say week 7, or October 20th.  This is because the Rams are playing a preseason game in Hawaii next year, so their London trip would be one of the later games... probably 3rd of 4.  This would also be consistent with the last two trips the Rams made there - playing on 10/22/17 and 10/23/16.

Also, the games will be split 2+2 between Wembley and Spurs.  Jacksonville is already locked in to one of the Wembley games.  If the Rams win the Super Bowl, I expect they'll put them at the larger venue (Wembley holds 30K more).  But if I were a betting man, I figure it's an absolute lock that we'll be at Spurs.  The Panthers are making their first ever trip and will be playing Tampa.  Tampa are owned by the Glazers, who also own Manchester United.  I'm thinking is doubtful they would want their team playing in a venue associated with Spurs, to deny them any financial gain from the Bucs playing there.  And with the Panthers making their London debut it makes sense to have them at the larger stadium.

My best guess is Bengals at Rams, at Spurs, on 10/20/19.

40 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Sound reasoning--I was thinking the same location. The capacity differentials will not affect the site decisions.  

Spurs owner is a billionaire currency trader who lives on a boat. 

And screw United..and their Glazer backing.  

large.RoyKeane.jpg

29 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And their late-great-all-time-great-how-many-cups-have-I-won manager...says  

r190012_821x462_16-9.jpg

Ring and index finger excluded! 😁

And the Spurs have exactly,...Nil?

Ole Ole Ole!!!!

16 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Full disclosure, SF...I'm not a Spurs fan whatsoever. I follow another side who also hasn't won a PL title--ever--but are looking in good shape this time around:

9H0x.gif

tumblr_p7qa7qI91m1tf8a5ao1_540.gif?resiz

giphy-downsized-medium.gif?cid=3640f6095

SimplisticBitesizedAbalone-max-1mb.gif

I will give you Stevie G.  Dude was money. 

Archived