Who Dey in the UK

A man he is. Jamie Carragher, Torres, Suarez...they have had some good ones in the not too distant past. Just not enough to bring the whole thing together.

Mo Salah has scored 50 goals sooner in a career than anyone in PL history, so he is gaining some steam too. And if every team anywhere could have a Jurgen Klopp as HC, they would prosper. 

One aspect of the English and Euro soccer crowds that the NFL counterparts have not had similar contribution, is that of the stadium songs or chants. One hears them in the background on telecasts, but they are not always distinguishable. Not sure if they have them during NFL games in London, but I would have to think so. Most times, these are just made up as they go along--and the same tune. Came across this video. Found it hilarious, but then again, I have an odd sense of humor. Enjoy it, but NSFW:

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

One aspect of the English and Euro soccer crowds that the NFL counterparts have not had similar contribution, is that of the stadium songs or chants. One hears them in the background on telecasts, but they are not always distinguishable. Not sure if they have them during NFL games in London, but I would have to think so. Most times, these are just made up as they go along--and the same tune. Came across this video. Found it hilarious, but then again, I have an odd sense of humor. Enjoy it, but NSFW:

I liked the “Let’s pretend we scored a goal...” chant and follow-up celebration.

Bengal fans should start doing this.  Then in twenty years we can argue with other teams’ fans over who started doing it first.

I hesitate to post this, lest LT respond with another dozen or so posts about the English Premier League, but I realize that I need to amend my previous best-guess regarding Wembley vs Spurs as the venue for the Bengals-Rams UK2019 game.

The Rams are owned by Stan Kroenke, who owns Arsenal, for whom Spurs are their absolute top-hated rival.  If I doubted whether the Glazers would allow the Bucs to generate a dime of revenue for Spurs, I neglected to remember that the Rams are essentially the LA version of the Arsenal Gunners... 

Look for Bengals-Rams to be at Wembley.

Fret not, friend..standing back on PL postings. 

Other than Gunners are 16 points behind, but a mere 3 behind Chelsea for Top 4.  

Edit: Spurs are owned by ENIC Group, whose primary investor is Joe Lewis--a billionaire investment fund speculator, who lives on a boat. Why would he care what the Glazers make on the deal? These PL tycoons are even worse than NFL ownership--they would give money to the Devil in order to make more.  

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

soccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccersoccer

Isn't there tennis to be served up?  Lol.

PS - Thanks for the Arsenal jersey you got me for Xmas.  Thierry Henry - the greatest player from the greatest team.  Can never go wrong with that.  :P 

Archived