The Burfict Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. In 2019 Vontaze Burfict will be

• A Bengal
    • Retired
    • Cut
    • Traded

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

At worst it was retaliation for the cheap shot on Gio.  That's what happens when the refs fail to protect the players, they take things into their own hands.  Beats apathetically clapping on the sideline while your RB is unconscious on the field.

It was the absolute wrong time for retaliation.  That penalty put them into field goal range. The one on PacMan (bullshit call) made it a chip shot. 

On 1/30/2019 at 5:13 AM, SF2 said:

It was the absolute wrong time for retaliation.  

True, but when the other team is getting away with trying to cripple them they're probably more concerned with defending themselves.  It's not really a football game at that point.  This is why I'm not jealous of Shitsburgh; they cheat so they didn't really win anything.

If we're playing a high stakes game of Candyland and I  hit you with a brick, that doesn't mean I won the game.

"Bold offseason predictions"

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals shake up the linebacking corps, and that could mean parting ways with Vontaze Burfict.

The linebackers were a disaster in 2018. The three starting linebackers at the beginning of the season never played together due to suspensions and injuries. The biggest question mark is Burfict, who hasn't played a full season in years and has sustained an alarming number of concussions. With a new coaching staff in place, it makes sense that the Bengals might move on from Burfict and look to draft a linebacker. -- Katherine Terrell

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25944721/bold-2019-nfl-offseason-predictions-all-32-teams

7 hours ago, oldschooler said:

"Bold offseason predictions"

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals shake up the linebacking corps, and that could mean parting ways with Vontaze Burfict.

The linebackers were a disaster in 2018. The three starting linebackers at the beginning of the season never played together due to suspensions and injuries. The biggest question mark is Burfict, who hasn't played a full season in years and has sustained an alarming number of concussions. With a new coaching staff in place, it makes sense that the Bengals might move on from Burfict and look to draft a linebacker. -- Katherine Terrell

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25944721/bold-2019-nfl-offseason-predictions-all-32-teams

She contradicts herself:

in one breath she admits our linebackers were for shit, in the next she touts that this is a move that should happen. Retooling will be even more difficult if you move a piece that can still be productive.

This team won’t make a decision on Burfict until TC. If they do so sooner, I’d be shocked.

This time next year dude should be working double shifts at Wendy's making $12 hour. Wishing he would've been a half decent human and done things right instead of getting caught up in this stupid thug/gangsta mentality. See where that got ya dummy!!! From comparisons to Rey Lewis to cleaning the grease trap at Kings Chicken. 

3 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

This time next year dude should be working double shifts at Wendy's making $12 hour. Wishing he would've been a half decent human and done things right instead of getting caught up in this stupid thug/gangsta mentality. 

:facepalm:

Burfict is a homebody that hangs out with his woman and dog.  WTF are you smoking dude?  Burfict is a thug because the Stealers got butthurt?

What happened to all your ITS FOOTBALL tough guy shit?

Every black man you find intimidating isn't a gangster by default.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

:facepalm:

Burfict is a homebody that hangs out with his woman and dog.  WTF are you smoking dude?  Burfict is a thug because the Stealers got butthurt?

What happened to all your ITS FOOTBALL tough guy shit?

Every black man you find intimidating isn't a gangster by default.

Whatever brah.  Yeah it's football!  We can't have idiots like Burfict out there losing games for us because he wants to cheap shot someone!!!

Only Bengal homers defend Burfict.  Only. Anyone else other than a Bengals homer will tell u dude is garbage because of his mentality and that why he plays for the focking weak ass Bengals. 

5 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Whatever brah.  Yeah it's football!  We can't have idiots like Burfict out there losing games for us because he wants to cheap shot someone!!!

Only Bengal homers defend Burfict.  Only. Anyone else other than a Bengals homer will tell u dude is garbage because of his mentality and that why he plays for the focking weak ass Bengals. 

If he played for the Stealers or Pats everyone would love him.  Bet that.

Which still has nothing to do with a "gangster/thug mentality".   Find me a white player that's been identified as a "thug" and I will retract my earlier statement.  Until then it's just another dogwhistle and says more about the accuser than the accused.

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If he played for the Stealers or Pats everyone would love him.  Bet that.

Which still has nothing to do with a "gangster/thug mentality".   Find me a white player that's been identified as a "thug" and I will retract my earlier statement.  Until then it's just another dogwhistle and says more about the accuser than the accused.

Yawn 

Please remove tinfoil hat. No conspiracy against the Bengals. 

I'm not from Cincinnati nor live there. My friends who are not bengal fans were liking the Bengals. Until that chit happened in the wildcard game. Then they like dam that dude is a idiot we hate the Bengals.   They do it to themselves rather he was a focking Patriot or steeler doesn't matter.  Did everyone love Arron Hernandez?????

7 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Yawn 

Please remove tinfoil hat. No conspiracy against the Bengals. 

I'm not from Cincinnati or live there. My friends who are not bengal fans were liking the Bengals. Until that chit happened in the wildcard game. Then they like dam that dude is a idiot we hate the Bengals.   They do it to themselves rather he was a focking Patriot or steeler doesn't matter.  Did everyone love Arron Hernandez?????

The excuse making for Gronk elbow-dropping a dude on the ground out of bounds..   Guess that was just my imagination too.

Anyone who watched that WC game and ignored the hit on Gio while complaining about Burfict are marks, on the ESPN dick, and can go dig a hole and fuck themselves in it.  What they think about anything is irrelevant & I'm not sure why you mention them at all.  The NFL thanks them for their unwavering support.

Burfict isn’t a thug, he just can’t tackle without leading with his helmet, drawing penalties/ fines /suspensions but worse, concussing himself. He can’t stay on the field enough to pay him the $6.5mil he is owed next year. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Burfict isn’t a thug, he just can’t tackle without leading with his helmet, drawing penalties/ fines /suspensions but worse, concussing himself. He can’t stay on the field enough to pay him the $6.5mil he is owed next year. 

No argument there.  I look forward to seeing who becomes the new league scapegoat.  Hopefully they play for a different team.

Pacman was definitely a fuck-up.  Some combo of anger issues/lack of self-control.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is suffering from some CTE-related issues as well.

Lumping Burfict in with a guy fighting with & spitting on cops doesn't seem very fair.

4 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

We are still arguing over some chit that happened 3 or 4 years ago. Shows how bad things have been for us bengal fans. 

Hopefully they can start winning and we can past this chit.  

Ok Burfict has no thug mentality. And packman was a alter boy. 

We can agree. 

There is a huge difference between on the field and off the field particularly in 2019. Mixon is lucky he got drafted 2 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

There is a huge difference between on the field and off the field particularly in 2019. Mixon is lucky he got drafted 2 years ago. 

I mean, yeah, Mixon handled that exceptionally well.  On the other hand a current player can shove his pregnant GF down a flight of stairs and so long as he's a star playing for the right team most fans will never even know about it.  

The NFL has to periodically throw a player to the wolves (media) to distract from problems affecting the entire league.

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Pacman was definitely a fuck-up.  Some combo of anger issues/lack of self-control.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is suffering from some CTE-related issues as well.

Lumping Burfict in with a guy fighting with & spitting on cops doesn't seem very fair.

Seems fair to me since they played off each other's attitudes.  

Anyway I'm over it. 

Now I pray that ZT is not BC2.0

27 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Seems fair to me since they played off each other's attitudes.  

That is true, & a good example of why you don't keep fuck-up players in your locker room.  I keep saying DreK is Pacman Jr.  Jones was the last guy you'd want mentoring people.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That is true, & a good example of why you don't keep fuck-up players in your locker room.  I keep saying DreK is Pacman Jr.  Jones was the last guy you'd want mentoring people.

Exactly. So see you want blame it on him being black and all this conspiracy against the Bengals. 

Big Geno, Dunlap and the others were not acting like those idiots. They both showed how little class they have. I don't care what anyone says my mind cannot be changed. I must've replayed the last 5 minutes of that game at least 20 times. Still on my DVR. 

Just now, Catfish Bob said:

Exactly. So see you want blame it on him being black and all this conspiracy against the Bengals. 

Big Geno, Dunlap and the others were not acting like those idiots. They both showed how little class they have. I don't care what anyone says my mind cannot be changed. I must've replayed the last 5 minutes of that game at least 20 times. Still on my DVR. 

Woah now, I don't "blame" anything on his race, I'm just pointing out the thug label is kind of fucked up in how it gets applied to people.

It's unfortunate that Dunlap & Geno are (apparently) the quiet keep-to-themselves types.  These guys voted Pacman a defensive team captain though, it's hard to understand from the outside.  

There is a dramatic lack of leadership with this roster.  That's even harder to replace than an LT.

Archived