The Burfict Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. In 2019 Vontaze Burfict will be

• A Bengal
    • Retired
    • Cut
    • Traded

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Woah now, I don't "blame" anything on his race, I'm just pointing out the thug label is kind of fucked up in how it gets applied to people.

Aw ok I see what ya meant.

Hopefully we can move on past this guy. Hopefully we get the kid from LSU and tez becomes a distant memory. Trust I don't say that easily because at one point he was one of the top all time Bengals. Sometimes friendships end for the better. 

With ZT being so hell bent on this culture change I imagine that the 1st game day roster will be much different than our most recent game day roster.  We need dudes that act like they've been here before. 

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I mean, yeah, Mixon handled that exceptionally well.  On the other hand a current player can shove his pregnant GF down a flight of stairs and so long as he's a star playing for the right team most fans will never even know about it.  

The NFL has to periodically throw a player to the wolves (media) to distract from problems affecting the entire league.

It was known that Mixon had an altercation with the girl the same as it was known Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt did as well. Things had pretty much blown over until the videos became public. Seems to be the tipping point with Roger and the public. 

58 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It was known that Mixon had an altercation with the girl the same as it was known Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt did as well. Things had pretty much blown over until the videos became public. Seems to be the tipping point with Roger and the public. 

Exactly, viral videos are tipping point. 

On 1/29/2019 at 4:57 PM, BBR said:

The witch hunt for this hit always has and always will be ridiculous.

When the ball went off AB's finger tips, Burfict was running full speed and his left foot was on the ground.  His next step with the right foot is when he hit AB with his shoulder pad.  Yes, the shoulder pad hit his facemask but AB spun around because Burfict's shoulder pad hit Brown's right shoulder pad and he was already turning that way due to CLH.

It wasn't the cheap shot it's been made out to be - he was going in to separate the receiver from the ball.  The receiver was in the air, fully upright as Burfict came in to hit him.  Expecting him to completely change course and change his target from the midsection of the receiver, where he would have hit him if he had landed on his feet, to completely miss him all in one single step while running full speed is simply beyond absurd.  It's just not possible, and he was simply thrown under the bus because of how bad it looks when played in slow motion and no explanation.  Seriously, count the number of steps Burfict takes between the ball going off of Brown's finger tips and when he hits him with his shoulder (the answer is 1).  It wasn't the premeditated cheap shot that it was made out to be by everyone with an agenda.  Did AB get knocked out and have a concussion from the hit - could be.  The way he landed, he could have been concussed from how he landed on his tailbone.

Does that change the fact that Burfict had/has a well deserved reputation - nope.  He was thrown under the bus though for that hit though and his hit was nowhere close to as dirty as Shazier's hit on Gio.  That hit on Gio was textbook helmet to helmet.

I agree 100%

25 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

:13:

Yo own! Glad to see you're still around. Hope you are doing well. 

Doing very well! Started a now thriving business (and working myself to death, whoops), getting married in a couple of months, etc. I was happy to see you around as well! Maybe everyone will start coming back around now that there is some actual intrigue and excitement with the team.

5 hours ago, BengalsOwn said:

Doing very well! Started a now thriving business (and working myself to death, whoops), getting married in a couple of months, etc. I was happy to see you around as well! Maybe everyone will start coming back around now that there is some actual intrigue and excitement with the team.

Glad to hear! Yeah it would be great if we could get the band back together :lol:

I plan on being around more. But I have no way or idea how to reach out to others.

32 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Glad to hear! Yeah it would be great if we could get the band back together :lol:

I plan on being around more. But I have no way or idea how to reach out to others.

Winning fixes everything. 

On 2/8/2019 at 11:39 PM, Catfish Bob said:

Whatever brah.  Yeah it's football!  We can't have idiots like Burfict out there losing games for us because he wants to cheap shot someone!!!

Only Bengal homers defend Burfict.  Only. Anyone else other than a Bengals homer will tell u dude is garbage because of his mentality and that why he plays for the focking weak ass Bengals. 

Where are the negative reps when you need them. You need to read BBR's post for a dose of common sense and analysis instead of Burfict got penalized and we lost. Pacman's penalty is what finished us and that was crap too. Porter should've been penalized and nullified Burfict's. You hate Burfict, we get it.

On 1/29/2019 at 6:10 PM, T-Dub said:

At worst it was retaliation for the cheap shot on Gio.  That's what happens when the refs fail to protect the players, they take things into their own hands.  Beats apathetically clapping on the sideline while your RB is unconscious on the field.

It wasn't. It was a play on the ball. He couldn't have known if dipshit caught the ball or not. Nantz and other dumbasses said it was violent and way late, but it was bang bang and AB stayed down and pretended that he was hurt.

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

Where are the negative reps when you need them. You need to read BBR's post for a dose of common sense and analysis instead of Burfict got penalized and we lost. Pacman's penalty is what finished us and that was crap too. Porter should've been penalized and nullified Burfict's. You hate Burfict, we get it.

Nah, Porter’s penalty would have nullified Jones penalty, both (should have been one on Porter)  would have been dead ball fouls.   

And for God’s sake Antonio Brown couldn’t play the next week because of the concussion he suffered, stop with the faking nonsense. Keep in mind if Brown had caught the ball, Burfict probably still gets dinged for a defenseless receiver hit. 

The fact they they didn’t call the egregious hit on Gio started this whole shit show. 

At the end of the day, Jeremy Hill shit himself. Fuck that guy.  Burfict was trying to make yet another play while that asshole sat on the bench feeling sorry for himself. 

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Nah, Porter’s penalty would have nullified Jones penalty, both (should have been one on Porter) which would have been dead ball fouls.   

And for God’s sake Antonio Brown couldn’t play the next week because of the concussion he suffered, stop with the faking nonsense. Keep in mind if Brown had caught the ball, Burfict probably still gets dinged for a defenseless receiver hit. 

The fact they they didn’t call the egregious hit on Gio started this whole shit show. 

They had to sit Brown after those theatrics. If they would've played him, they would've been exposed. He was whoopin it up in the locker room after the game and Pacman said that he was laughing about it after the play. And they gave Porter a game ball also.

3 minutes ago, Hooky said:

They had to sit Brown after those theatrics. If they would've played him, they would've been exposed. He was whoopin it up in the locker room after the game and they gave Porter a game ball also.

What?? Dude, it was playoff game. No way are they sitting their best player. Nobody gives a fuck about us, Roger and the rest of the Stealer dick sucking media would have said nothing. 

I have had 2 concussions. I finished both games after sustaining them.  It wasn’t until a few hours later that shit went south. 

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

I don't hate anyone.

Anyway just pointing out the super obvious with Burfict. 

Only bengal homers defend him. Everyone else will tell ya what I'm saying.  

3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I don't hate anyone.

Anyway just pointing out the super obvious with Burfict. 

Only bengal homers defend him. Everyone else will tell ya what I'm saying.  

Doesn't mean they're right.  If your point was that the blatant smear campaign from the Stoolers and bloodthirsty media have been effective, then yeah I agree.  Corrupt organizations rely on scapegoats to cover for the rest of them.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Doesn't mean they're right.  If your point was that the blatant smear campaign from the Stoolers and bloodthirsty media have been effective, then yeah I agree.  Corrupt organizations rely on scapegoats to cover for the rest of them.

Great point. Wait and see if Burfict plays for another team this season and see how his persona changes.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Not a peep about Suh during the postseason. Obviously that's because he is the goodest of boys now.

Uhh, Suh got fined twice this year for hits the average player would not get fined for because of his reputation.  He has cleaned up his act considerably from his early days but it doesn’t matter.

He also spent his first 8 years playing for mostly ignored teams.   3X All-Pro doesn’t hurt. He has only missed 2 games in 9 years and those were for stomping on a no name QB in a meaningless game back in 2011. 

Burficts problem was his signature hit was in a prime time playoff game with everything on the line, late in the game which turned into a shit show at the end.  Fuck Jeremy Hill. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived