Official 2019 Cap Carryover

The Cincinnati Bengals aren’t strangers to rolling cap space from one season to the next.

Cincinnati’s front office typically does this in the $10 million range depending on extensions and other housecleaning items.

This year, the number comes in at $7.4 million, per the NFLPA:

The Bengals had enough cap space to comfortably roll this number over to next season while also getting stars like Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap extensions.

Given the $7.4 million rollover plus a new cap leaguewide, Spotracestimates the Bengals will have a little more than $51 million in cap space to use this offseason once the new league year begins.

The draft pool, free agency, bringing back their own free agents (possibly Darqueze Dennard and Tyler Eifert) while also working on possible extensions for guys like Tyler Boyd will all eat at this estimated number before the Bengals consider rolling some extra cash over to 2020.

3 hours ago, westside bengal said:

i don't know how the Stealers have $18 million?  I thought they were always on the edge?

I think it had to do with the Shazier injury and Bell not being counted this year. 

Archived