Dennis Allen for DC?

13 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

It would be a good hire I just don’t know why he would make that move. Unless he and Taylor are close friends or the money is right. Maybe he wants to go to a team that focuses more on defense but a lateral move from Saints to Bengals seems odd. 

Just now, MichaelWeston said:

Why not?

Living in Wisconsin I've watched the Packers Defense under him. Not impressed.

The Packers' defense finished 22nd this season, the fourth time it has finished in the bottom third of the NFL in the past seven years (including a dead-last ranking in 2011). Capers hasn't finished with a top-10 defense since the Super Bowl season of 2010, when it ranked fifth. The Packers have finished outside the top 15 in the defensive rankings six of the past seven years.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21934687/green-bay-packers-fire-defensive-coordinator-dom-capers

9 hours ago, kennethmw said:
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:49 PM, Numbers said:

Dennis Allen ?  He is being interviewed for a head coaching position but may be enticed with the right offer.

"His defense ranks second in the league against the run (80.2 yards per game) and tied for fifth in the league in sacks."

11 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yeah hard pass on Capers

No kidding, I thought we were looking for shiny new things or at least slightly worn experienced things.  Dude is too set in his ways to be taking orders from the next boy wonder.  Dude is older than the 8 track stereo. 

18 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No kidding, I thought we were looking for shiny new things or at least slightly worn experienced things.  Dude is too set in his ways to be taking orders from the next boy wonder.  Dude is older than the 8 track stereo. 

Oh I want Taylor to have experienced coaches on staff due to his inexperience and youth, but I want them to at least have had ran a good D or good O. Callahan and Capers are not those guys.

39 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I was kind of hoping they'd get someone on each side of the ball with significant experience,  preferably as head coach.  On offense they don't even have anyone who had been a coordinator before,  so I'm really hoping they get some experience on defense. 

18 minutes ago, Girevik said:

I was kind of hoping they'd get someone on each side of the ball with significant experience,  preferably as head coach.  On offense they don't even have anyone who had been a coordinator before,  so I'm really hoping they get some experience on defense. 

I totally agree but Jamie and OldSchooler  are spot on, I don’t want an experienced guy who is experienced at getting fired from multiple teams because he sucked. 

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I totally agree but Jamie and OldSchooler  are spot on, I don’t want an experienced guy who is experienced at getting fired from multiple teams because he sucked. 

Yep. I want a guy who was a good coordinator but sucked as a head coach. Those guys will not be a threat to leave but will still produce on their side of the ball.

Archived