Taylor picked Bengals over Broncos and Cardinals, OFFICIALLY our new Head Coach

17 hours ago, spicoli said:

I think Taylor will call his own plays.

OL coach is who I'm most interested in at this point...Pollack left us a huge hole to fill.

In 2015 the Dolphins fired Bill Lazor and replaced him with Taylor in November. That's the only experience Taylor has calling plays at the NFL level.

Are we comfortable with that?

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

In 2015 the Dolphins fired Bill Lazor and replaced him with Taylor in November. That's the only experience Taylor has calling plays at the NFL level.

I'd be a lot more comfortable if he had a coordinator with some experience. 

5 minutes ago, Girevik said:

I'd be a lot more comfortable if he had a coordinator with some experience. 

Completely agree, but I want him to have coordinators with experience that have had success as coordinators. That's not Dom Capers or Brian Callahan.

11 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

It makes no difference if "we're" comfortable, it's not our call.

It simply is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Completely agree, but I want him to have coordinators with experience that have had success as coordinators. That's not Dom Capers or Brian Callahan.

You can't say Capers hasn't had ANY success ....he's certainly had his share of good defenses over the years .....just none lately. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Saw on Twitter he landed at Lunken a little after 10 and signing is imminent. 

Here's a question on something I have never understood - my experience with flying is buying a ticket and getting on a plane - and flying into CVG, or Dayton - how does one fly into Lunken? on a private plane or ?

And yeah that line about beginning negotiation on a contract made me wince, since the Fins already have that shit in place. Why didn't we?

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

You don't think Dom Capers has had success? I think people see him as one of the all time greats at the position. 

15 minutes ago, Cat said:

Here's a question on something I have never understood - my experience with flying is buying a ticket and getting on a plane - and flying into CVG, or Dayton - how does one fly into Lunken? on a private plane or ?

And yeah that line about beginning negotiation on a contract made me wince, since the Fins already have that shit in place. Why didn't we?

That would be my guess. 

29 minutes ago, Cat said:

My Google Fu tells me only 2 airlines operate out of Lunken. Netjets which is private business chartering and Ultimate Air Shuttle which is available to the public. (you can buy tickets on their website) but they only have so many Hubs....it just so happens Atlanta where the Superbowl was played is one of them.

52 minutes ago, Cat said:

My understanding is that league rules prevent contact while a team is in the playoffs except that first week if the team has a bye.  IIRC, the Bengals interviewed him on that Saturday,  the last day contact is allowed. I think that's a rule that gets ignored quite a bit,  but Cincy strikes me as a team that wants to toe the line and not risk making waves.   Reports were they were "terrified" of repercussions when word gave out he was the guy. 

Archived