Taylor picked Bengals over Broncos and Cardinals, OFFICIALLY our new Head Coach

44 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Wasn't it Tony Siragusa who said he wouldn't meet with the Bengals 'cause they wouldn't fly him first class from Indianapolis to Cincinnati?

I believe so - IIRC they sent him a coach ticket, and he says he cashed it in and went to stuff his fat face. Never made the trip.

7 minutes ago, Cat said:

I believe so - IIRC they sent him a coach ticket, and he says he cashed it in and went to stuff his fat face. Never made the trip.

Gotta admit that is pretty funny.  Seriously, you send a 330 lb d lineman a coach ticket?   I don't blame him.

Mike Brown takes tons of criticism, much of it deserved, but he had enough sense (or was it greed?) to realize he was losing the fan base and something big had to be done. And Zac Taylor looks to be the perfect answer to generating fan interest in a franchise that was slowly smothering us all to death with its eternal sameness.

38 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Mike Brown takes tons of criticism, much of it deserved, but he had enough sense (or was it greed?) to realize he was losing the fan base and something big had to be done. And Zac Taylor looks to be the perfect answer to generating fan interest in a franchise that was slowly smothering us all to death with its eternal sameness.

Right. It was same shit, different Dey!

3 hours ago, Duluoz said:

I would challenge you to go around Cincinnati (or Dayton, or anywhere) and ask John Q AverageFan if they have even heard of this guy? Next ask them--even if they slightly have some recognition--if this is going to anymore motivate them to run to PBS and plunk their cash down on season tickets. 

Not anymore than John Q AverageFan in Miami is going to suddenly swell their park on the news that some nameless LB coach from New England (whose name I don't even know) is arriving. 

Only wins will give PBS full seats--and only then. 

Archived