AAF Scouting

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

The Warriors were GREAT before Durant went there. Now it’s a fore gone conclusion they will win another championship probably in 5 games or less. 

That is the beauty of the NFL, A dumpster fire of a team in 2016 can make it to the Super Bowl in 2018.  That shit never happens in the NBA unless LeBron goes to a team in the East. At his age, probably done making that happen as well. 

Admittedly I'm no fan of the NBA but that's my point. They were already champs and then he made it nearly impossible for anyone to catch them. Four straight years the same 2 teams were in the Finals and we knew who those two teams would be in Nov. Four straight yrs. 

What I see in the NBA are championships going to Miami, Cleveland and GS solely because of where FAs decided to go. It's gotten to the point that 2 or 3 studs can get together and say "hey, we're all going to go to this team and we'll be champs". What chance does Atlanta, Minnesota, Indiana and countless other teams have? The Lakers are only relevant because of Lebron deciding to go there. LeBron with Cleveland is a Finals team. Without him they're a .200 winning percentage team.

Anyone watch any more of this stuff this past weekend? I did a little and the product is not good. I'd compare it to 4th qtr NFL preseason-like. I learned that they have a 15 yd penalty for illegal defense. I saw a couple bogus first downs for the offense due to this. I don't know what all that entails but I did pick up that you can only rush 5 guys. That's something we see in awful games like the Pro Bowl. If they want to make this league more exciting they need to do away with this sort of stuff. We need fewer flags, not more. The QBs are slow afoot and avg arms at best. Each play is very deliberate. WRs are not getting open. Very little separation

38 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Anyone watch any more of this stuff this past weekend? I did a little and the product is not good. I'd compare it to 4th qtr NFL preseason-like. I learned that they have a 15 yd penalty for illegal defense. I saw a couple bogus first downs for the offense due to this. I don't know what all that entails but I did pick up that you can only rush 5 guys. That's something we see in awful games like the Pro Bowl. If they want to make this league more exciting they need to do away with this sort of stuff. We need fewer flags, not more. The QBs are slow afoot and avg arms at best. Each play is very deliberate. WRs are not getting open. Very little separation

The product is going to be not so great when most of these guys didn't even know eachother a month ago. I think what is more interesting are the splash plays and the guys essentially fighting to get back in or into the league. It will definitely be a conduit to the league. 

39 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Here's another issue. Take a look at these uniforms in the SD vs Atl game yesterday. They are way too similar. How do you tell one team from another while in action?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-zytkysG2I

It's not that difficult when in action. 

These guys could be out there playing in street clothes and still wouldn't be a huge issue for players. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-nfl-2-ndround-pick-christian-hackenberg-benched-by-aaf-coach-mike-singletary-055319373.html

Christian Hackenberg a bust in the AAF already.

Benched by coach Mike Singletary.

Hey, wasn't he a pretty good linebacker?

NFL head coach experience?

Don't we need a linebacker coach?

Hmmmmmm ...

Archived