Keeping our enemies close 2019

2 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Traditional thinking in regards to the league doesn’t hold a lot of water. Teams are making complete turn arounds in a single off season.

Look how they are doing it. 

LA Rams FINALLY got rid of Jeff Fisher after 5 straight losing seasons, bring in McVay and sign legit NFL starting FAs (two all pro players) to fill in the holes. Whitworth, Suh, Cooks, Woods.  They also found a pro bowl linebacker who was an UDFA.  

Chicago simply traded for the best defensive player in the league. They also got quality defensive starters in Prince Amukamara and Akeem Hicks over the last 2 years.  

The best player we got in FA or trade our team has done in the last 10 years is who?  Cordy Glenn?  AJ Hawk?  It probably has to be Adam Jones but that was a case of nobody else was willing to redeem him so I don't really think he counts.  Maybe Reggie Nelson but he wasn't a hot commodity when we signed him.  Terrence Newman was considered all but done but he proved everyone wrong.  Green-Ellis was an average RB at best.  Am I missing someone.  Nugent? Manny Lawson?  TO?  Do you really consider 37 year old TO a big FA pickup?  Fat Randy?  I mean this list is kind of laughable when you realize I am looking back 10 years. 

This team simply doesn't take risks in FA or in the trade market ever since that WR FA I can't even remember was a medical bust.  To put it into perspective, of the Bengals 22 opening day starters in 2018, only 2 were NOT drafted ( or picked as UDFAs) by the Bengals.  There isn't any division winner anywhere close to that number and it isn't an aberration just in 2018.  In 2013 we only had 3.  

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Look how they are doing it. 

LA Rams FINALLY got rid of Jeff Fisher after 5 straight losing seasons, bring in McVay and sign legit NFL starting FAs (two all pro players) to fill in the holes. Whitworth, Suh, Cooks, Woods.  They also found a pro bowl linebacker who was an UDFA.  

Chicago simply traded for the best defensive player in the league. They also got quality defensive starters in Prince Amukamara and Akeem Hicks over the last 2 years.  

The best player we got in FA or trade our team has done in the last 10 years is who?  Cordy Glenn?  AJ Hawk?  It probably has to be Adam Jones but that was a case of nobody else was willing to redeem him so I don't really think he counts.  Maybe Reggie Nelson but he wasn't a hot commodity when we signed him.  Terrence Newman was considered all but done but he proved everyone wrong.  Green-Ellis was an average RB at best.  Am I missing someone.  Nugent? Manny Lawson?  TO?  Do you really consider 37 year old TO a big FA pickup?  Fat Randy?  I mean this list is kind of laughable when you realize I am looking back 10 years. 

This team simply doesn't take risks in FA or in the trade market ever since that WR FA I can't even remember was a medical bust.  To put it into perspective, of the Bengals 22 opening day starters in 2018, only 2 were NOT drafted ( or picked as UDFAs) by the Bengals.  There isn't any division winner anywhere close to that number and it isn't an aberration just in 2018.  In 2013 we only had 3.  

@SF2 Antonio Bryant.

31 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Flacco hasn’t had a passer rating above 85 in 5 years.  Dalton hasn’t had a passer rating below 85 since 2014.   By almost ever metric Dalton is a better QB. Flacco had 1 magical post season that frankly should have never happened. if not for the Broncos giving up a 70 yard pass to Jacoby Jones with 40 seconds left in the Divisional game (the Ravens had no timeouts) to tie and take it to overtime, Flacco would already be a backup in someplace like San Francisco.

Raven’s management did something New England’s would never do, gave a guy a big contract for sentimental reasons. It has cost them for 5 years. Flacco is a bottom 3rd QB who won some playoff games because he had a sick defense and great running game. 

Best interest this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker 🤝! never been to my house ; there house ; like what AM I Really doing

Does he think that team owners routinely visit player's homes? Hell, why would Rooney want to when he's throwing furniture and shit out of the window?

7 hours ago, Cat said:

Does he think that team owners routinely visit player's homes? Hell, why would Rooney want to when he's throwing furniture and shit out of the window?

:lol:

Granted it's just Twitter but he does sound a little unhinged.  To be fair he's no doubt getting barely legible death threats from the yinzers. Enough "ME KIL U!!!" notes scrawled on a brick in crayon & thrown through a neighbor's window might get to a person.

Archived