Keeping our enemies close 2019

I think details are probably flawed but the rumors are real, IMO.

I'm almost positive that Duke Johnson is one of the pieces headed to the Giants but i'm not sure about what draft picks are involved.

Crazy rumors with the Brownies and OBJ.  If they can land him, that would make their offense scary.  OBJ and Landry are close friends dating back to LSU so he might actually be amenable to going to Cleveland.   The Brownies have money and picks to burn too.  The Giants getting Zeitler and/or Duke Johnson along with a couple high picks would seem to be reasonable compensation,  IMO.  Jay Glazer speculated that OBJ would be traded this off season and I am starting to believe it might actually happen.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Giving up 2 Firsts and 2 Seconds for OBJ would be stupid. Dorsey doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do stupid things. 

They have so much cap money they can get quality proven vets in FA and forget about draft picks. Still, you are right, that would be a stupid deal. 

54 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Isn't it almost a lock that he's going to the Raiders for their last first round pick? Nobody else wants to outbid them.

Its getting really interesting.  Brown is really NOT in a position to demand anything.  He is under contract and doesn't have a no trade clause. REFUSING to go to Buffalo was embarrassing to the club but worse, now other clubs not named the 49ers or Raiders who were thinking about it will go away.  Teams like the Titans, Colts and Cardinals will simply walk away.  The Raiders would be idiots to sign this guy after letting Cooper and Mack go.  Gruden would look incompetent letting 2 young guys walk and signing a soon to be 31 year old.  He should be going after OBJ, a guy 4.5 years younger and not a total douche bag. 

49ers basically can low ball the Stealers at this point. 

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Its getting really interesting.  Brown is really NOT in a position to demand anything.  He is under contract and doesn't have a no trade clause. REFUSING to go to Buffalo was embarrassing to the club but worse, now other clubs not named the 49ers or Raiders who were thinking about it will go away.  Teams like the Titans, Colts and Cardinals will simply walk away.  The Raiders would be idiots to sign this guy after letting Cooper and Mack go.  Gruden would look incompetent letting 2 young guys walk and signing a soon to be 31 year old.  He should be going after OBJ, a guy 4.5 years younger and not a total douche bag. 

49ers basically can low ball the Stealers at this point. 

my thoughts exactly  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/03/browns-trading-kevin-zeitler-for-giants-de-olivier-vernon-according-to-reports.html

We were driving up to Cleveland on Wednesday and I heard some bits and pieces of some Cleveland sports talk and the opinion among the squawking heads was that anyone signed by Sashi Brown was fair game to be released or traded. They were also talking about Jamie Collins and said he led the team in tackles last year but was ranked pretty low. They also said he wasn't one to talk to the media that much but that didn't mean he wasn't a leader in the locker room. 

36 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I don't really get this tweet.  The Browns selected Denzel Ward with that pick and he played great for a rookie CB.  Their defense was ranked 31st in ints in 2017 and their secondary sucked.  Ogbah isn't Chubb but he wasn't close to their greatest need.  Vernon is a decent player and he made the probowl as a iinebacker last year while Ogbah is a DE.  This dude is confused. 

33 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/03/browns-trading-kevin-zeitler-for-giants-de-olivier-vernon-according-to-reports.html

We were driving up to Cleveland on Wednesday and I heard some bits and pieces of some Cleveland sports talk and the opinion among the squawking heads was that anyone signed by Sashi Brown was fair game to be released or traded. They were also talking about Jamie Collins and said he led the team in tackles last year but was ranked pretty low. They also said he wasn't one to talk to the media that much but that didn't mean he wasn't a leader in the locker room. 

He was their Dhani Jones.   A lot of tackles 5 yards downfield.

Archived