Keeping our enemies close 2019

Good move for the Raiders.  They upgraded from Cooper to possibly the best WR in football and ended up with an extra 1st rounder for a 3rd and 5th rounder.  Very glad to have Brown out of the division even though I don't think he should be rewarded for his antics.  They did work, though. 

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Am I supposed to be mad at AB for quitting on the Stealers and then milking the Raiders for all he can get?

He's a douche for plenty of other reasons but, I mean.. fuck the NFL's money.

The Quitter did the same thing practically so even though it is the Stealers it’s still a bullshit move.  At least we got something out of it in the end unlike the Stealers (ha ha) The Raiders keep reminding us why they have played in only 1 playoff game in 16 years. 

56 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Overpaying one player is comparable to losing 3 star players? That's just stupid. Just another example of making a way bigger deal out of this than it is. 

Think about it.  Hart has utility as a backup.  What is the going price for a backup tackle in the NFL.  $3mil?  $4mil?  What if one of you tackles has a history of missing games aka Glenn?  Now how much is a backup worth?  Hart is very meh and I don't want him starting but imagine if Hart had not been able to play 16 games last year how fucking horrific the team would have been?

Furthermore, we can sign any number of the remaining FA tackles and the so called problem is solved.  The Stealers will never replace Bell and Brown this spring nor will Baltimore replace Suggs, Weddle and Mosely.   Those loses will take a year or two to recover from.  We just overspent by a little for a backup tackle. 

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Think about it.  Hart has utility as a backup.  What is the going price for a backup tackle in the NFL.  $3mil?  $4mil?  What if one of you tackles has a history of missing games aka Glenn?  Now how much is a backup worth?  Hart is very meh and I don't want him starting but imagine if Hart had not been able to play 16 games last year how fucking horrific the team would have been?

Furthermore, we can sign any number of the remaining FA tackles and the so called problem is solved.  The Stealers will never replace Bell and Brown this spring nor will Baltimore replace Suggs, Weddle and Mosely.   Those loses will take a year or two to recover from.  We just overspent by a little for a backup tackle. 

Yes. Thanks for expounding on my point. And people are crying about the cap hit. Last I heard, cap space is not remotely a concern. As it should be clear, I'm not crazy about the move, but as you said, it was needed and it's nowhere near as apocalyptic as people are making it out to be. 

Archived