Keeping our enemies close 2019

It's a new toy for the NFL to market. Their thrown-together almost as clusterfucked as the Bengals coaching staff will just stand by on the sidelines as the league wills a fresh/new money-maker towards stardom. 

Coming to a stadium near you in September. 

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

It's a new toy for the NFL to market. Their thrown-together almost as clusterfucked as the Bengals coaching staff will just stand by on the sidelines as the league wills a fresh/new money-maker towards stardom. 

Coming to a stadium near you in September. 

Look at the bright side, all of our home games will be at 1pm EST and no night games. 

We brought in Zac Taylor because he was supposed to be the next McVay. 

They gave McVay a veteran DC and veteran coaches and surrounded him with quality veterans through free agency. 

This has been a shit show of terrible coaching hires and terrible re-signings. You think veteran players are clamoring to move to Cincinnati to play for Jim Turner and Tem Lukabu?

Vegas has moved the Browns to 14 to 1 to win the SuperBowl.  If they get Thomas, they will be moved to being the favorites to win SB?  They haven’t had a winning season since 2007 and now they are going to win The SuperBowl?  😂  Looks Good on paper, but notice nobody mentions injuries.  Oh, did I say that.  Yea, I am jealous of their moves while the Bengals resign Bums!  

17 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Vegas has moved the Browns to 14 to 1 to win the SuperBowl.  If they get Thomas, they will be moved to being the favorites to win SB?  They haven’t had a winning season since 2007 and now they are going to win The SuperBowl?  😂  Looks Good on paper, but notice nobody mentions injuries.  Oh, did I say that.  Yea, I am jealous of their moves while the Bengals resign Bums!  

And tomorrow I get to spend 4+ hours in a car with hubby dearest and his Cleveland sports squawk shows. Yippee!

I agree about the Browns coaching staff being their biggest question mark.  Hiring Freddie Kitchens was a head scratcher and his staff doesn't have many names that stand out.  Wilks was just fired by Arizona as HC after one terrible season but he has had some success as a coordinator.  Monken was rumored to be a candidate for our job and may have even interviewed(?).  Besides those two I didn't see much except a guy named Tosh and a guy named Stump.  

The same Browns offense that stunk under Hue became much better under Kitchens. He also showed creativity and the ability to design plays. I suppose Gregg Williams didn't want to coach under Kitchens after being the interim guy, but their defense should be decent unless Wilks really blows it.

I can't knock Kitchens for the job he did after taking over for Hue/Haley.  And I can understand why they don't want to make Mayfield learn a new system.  Still, Kitchens is a first time head coach who wasn't even on the radar until his improbable run as interim coordinator.  Williams did a good job last year as interim HC and DC.  Replacing him will be a challenge.  Adding Olivier Vernon, Sheldon Richardson, and possibly Earl Thomas will definitely make Wilks' job easier.

Archived