Keeping our enemies close 2019

14 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Cleveland's staff is much better than ours. To begin with they have a real GM running things. Beyond that they had time to do interviews and picked Kitchens based on his performance as a play caller last year. Nobody knows what Taylor can do. 

You do realize that they both have about the same amount of coordinator experience, right?  Although, Taylor does have a year of college OC experience, which Kitchen doesn't have.

10 hours ago, kennethmw said:

You do realize that they both have about the same amount of coordinator experience, right?  Although, Taylor does have a year of college OC experience, which Kitchen doesn't have.

Nice try. Taylor has zero experience as a coordinator in the NFL while Kitchen has about 2/3 of a season where he showed quite well. 

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Nice try. Taylor has zero experience as a coordinator in the NFL while Kitchen has about 2/3 of a season where he showed quite well. 

Taylor served as OC for the Dolphins for 5 games.  Comparing 1/3 of a season to 2/3 is splitting hairs. 

18 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Ok, I stand corrected. Didn't remember his Fins tenure.  But did they suddenly improve when he took over their offense?

Can't say,  but I'm pretty sure he didn't have the first overall pick to throw in and provide energy either 

And for the record,  I'm not defending the hire.  Just wanted to be accurate.

12 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Bro, before you debate me, do your homework.  You might not like what I say, but I do my research.  

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

Only 8? I guess they really made an example out of Ray Rice. NFL discipline is a joke.

To be fair, the fan girl was the total aggressor in the Hunt incident while Rice knocked his future wife out and dragged her back to the room.   There were witnesses to the Hunt incident that painted an ugly picture of what the girl was doing and saying. 

That certainly doesn't excuse Hunt but last time I checked, Mixon didn't pay any penalty for breaking a girl's jaw other than a lower draft slot so we are really the last ones to complain.

27 minutes ago, SF2 said:

To be fair, the fan girl was the total aggressor in the Hunt incident while Rice knocked his future wife out and dragged her back to the room.   There were witnesses to the Hunt incident that painted an ugly picture of what the girl was doing and saying. 

That certainly doesn't excuse Hunt but last time I checked, Mixon didn't pay any penalty for breaking a girl's jaw other than a lower draft slot so we are really the last ones to complain.

Thought I read the NCAA had suspended him when it happened?

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Thought I read the NCAA had suspended him when it happened?

NCAA is not NFL.  The NFL punishes guys for stuff they did in college all the time in particular being enrolled in the substance abuse track day 1. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

NCAA is not NFL.  The NFL punishes guys for stuff they did in college all the time in particular being enrolled in the substance abuse track day 1. 

Agreed that the NFL's discipline policy doesn't make any sense.  In fact calling it a "policy" at all would imply some level of consistency where there is none.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:37 PM, kennethmw said:

Maybe but Monkin I believe will be calling the plays, and he at least has a year in Tampa where he had them leading the league in passing.

Archived