Keeping our enemies close 2019

BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Odell Beckham Jr.'s current part-time employment isn't bothering the Browns.

Not yet, anyway.

The star wide receiver did not practice Wednesday after showing up Tuesday for Cleveland's voluntary offseason program, ending an excused - if not questionable - monthlong absence. Beckham, who was acquired in a March trade with the New York Giants, has been open with the Browns about his plans to mostly work out on his own during the spring and summer.

Still, his decision to stay on his own only enhances the knock on Beckham that he's not team-oriented.

Because the offseason training activities (OTAs) are voluntary, new Browns coach Freddie Kitchens is not upset that Beckham isn't around. Kitchens is communicating with Beckham and remains confident the three-time Pro Bowler will be ready for the team's mandatory minicamp in June and training camp in July.

''Listen, I have never disputed the fact that it is not important for him to be here, but it is also important for him to be mentally ready to be here,'' Kitchens said following practice. ''I'm not giving him an out by any stretch of imagination, and nobody here knows the conversations that Odell and I have. I'm just saying it is better for him to be here when he can present his best self - emotionally, physically, everything.

''Odell Beckham is going to be here in the fall, and he is going to be a good football player in the fall just like he has been.''

After Tuesday's session, Beckham posted a photo on Instagram of him catching a pass. Quarterback Baker Mayfield said it was good to have his new teammate on the field, and he feels no need to try to persuade Beckham to change his routine.

''You let a guy like that be him,'' Mayfield said. ''Everybody has their routine. Stick to what is working, and for him, obviously, it has been working for a while. He is going to do what he's going to do. You have to trust that he is going to be there when it matters, and we know who he is.''

Beckham wasn't the only notable absence. Running back Duke Johnson remains away from the team after asking to be traded following the team's signing of free agent Kareem Hunt.

Johnson has been one of the team's best players over the past few years, but is upset about a reduced role.

Kitchens said he has talked to Johnson ''a few times'' and believes the versatile back will report next month. He acknowledged some frustration that two of his best players aren't practicing.

''I would be lying to say that I wasn't disappointed that we don't have everybody here,'' he said. ''I'm not going to fool you and try to trick you into saying I'm happy-go-lucky fine with it. I want everybody here because I do think it is important to be here, but it is their option.

''They understand what they have to do once they come here. As long as everybody is on the same page as that, I'm fine as long as they are ready to play. Odell is going to be ready. Duke is going to be ready. All of them are going to be ready to play.''

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Looks like the inmates are running the asylum with the Brownnosers.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

This thread is just an excuse to not post things in the NFL forum or the AFCN smack forum. We might as well just have one forum since people don't want to post in other threads in deep fear of somebody not seeing it.

I swear to god, it will always bug me to see people bitch about me adding to content to this board.

I'm putting in effort to generate traffic and conversations. 

I didn't make this thread for any other reason than to try and keep people informed and draw in more members.

A lot of people that come here never leave the Bengals forum part. 

But if you think I only post shit I want people to see and comment to, then you obviously

haven't been to the political forum here in awhile.

Anyway. If you don't like how I do things, feel free to take the reigns. You won't break my fucking heart, at all.

48 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I swear to god, it will always bug me to see people bitch about me adding to content to this board.

I didn't make this thread for any other reason than to try and keep people informed and draw in more members.

But if you think I only post shit I want people to see and comment to, then you obviously

Anyway. If you don't like how I do things, feel free to take the reigns. You won't break my fucking heart, at all.

Thanks for all the updates Old. I like this topic and have no problem with it being in the Bengals forum. 

51 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Fuck! So dumb that we didn't give up a 6th rounder this year for him!

We play the Jets 12-1-19 at home

I agree we should have traded for Lee. He's good in coverage.

But this is a deal Gase made that McCagnan refused. McCagnan wanted the Chiefs 5th rounder next year and they only offered their 6th. Bengals should have just offered our 6th this year and gotten the deal done.

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

is Lee even worth a 6th round pick? I'm not so sure.

not like teams were beating down the doors to get him in their camp.

The better question is: "Is Lee better than most of the linebackers the Bengals currently have under contract?"

10 minutes ago, spicoli said:

is he? I'd say just more of the same. 

I think he is a  better than what we have but not substantially.  Certainly worth giving up a couple of 6th rounders for. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

I think he is a  better than what we have but not substantially.  Certainly worth giving up a couple of 6th rounders for. 

whoever they sign before now and Sept will be no different..

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

whoever they sign before now and Sept will be no different..

There aren't exactly a plethora of quality LBs currently available.  How about some Manti Te'o?

27 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Don't worry Old, I am sure our 6th rounders will work out. 

Lol how do you know that the Bengals didn't make an offer?

kinda goin off the rails a little bit over a LB that couldn't net more than a 6th round pick, don't ya think? Buckeye homerism at play maybe?

10 minutes ago, spicoli said:

kinda goin off the rails a little bit over a LB that couldn't net more than a 6th round pick, don't ya think? Buckeye homerism at play maybe?

I would say having a bunch of shit linebackers on the team may be at play.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

If the Bengals made an offer WORSE than a 6th rounder for a player better than everyone on their roster then this organization is doomed.   Lee is better than all of our linebackers.   Sorry, not a Buckeye fan either. LSU. 

On 5/16/2019 at 7:41 AM, oldschooler said:

My point was that nobody goes to the other football forums. Which makes them useless. It wasn't about you. I don't give two shits what you post. But nice tantrum though.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:54 AM, Hooky said:

This thread is just an excuse to not post things in the NFL forum or the AFCN smack forum. We might as well just have one forum since people don't want to post in other threads in deep fear of somebody not seeing it.

7 hours ago, Hooky said:

My point was that nobody goes to the other football forums. Which makes them useless. It wasn't about you. I don't give two shits what you post. But nice tantrum though.

You said this thread, which I created, was an EXCUSE to not post anything in other forums.

Then you said people, again directed at me, don't want to post in other threads in "deep fear

of others not seeing it".

You're the same person that cried about  this thread  below being on the Bengals part of the forum.

Even though it was about a Bengals player (at the time) and came from a source of Bengals news (Bengals Wire).

That thread has now been moved to the "useless" place because you had an issue with it.

https://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/83790-juju-smith-schuster-says-stealers-fans-love-him-for-vontaze-burfict-hit/

But nice back track on acting like you don't care and I just went on some random tantrum.  

Archived