Keeping our enemies close 2019

So what do you think the odds are going to be after this announcement?

EDIT:  Well that didn't take long.   We now have the worst odds to win the Superbowl at +12,500 and 15 to 1 to win division. 

ESPN: "Thanks for that. And in other news...we are keeping a close eye on the situation in Cincinnati: will their offense score enough fantasy points? And don't forget to check out our newest app for your devices."

"Up next: will Baker catch Ben as the King of the AFC North? We'll be right back" 

Good God, driving in my car and Cowherd was having a Browns suck fest. David Njoku was on an Cowturd was asking him, "Tell me your best Baker Mayfield story!!"   Come on meteor.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Good God, driving in my car and Cowherd was having a Browns suck fest. David Njoku was on an Cowturd was asking him, "Tell me your best Baker Mayfield story!!"   Come on meteor.

Baker is soo fucking cool and edgy...he's like the Fonz but shorter...

I wonder if it was the time Baker ran from the cops and got pile driven into the concrete, because it's definitely mine. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not sure of what your definition of "arrogance" might be...but I am not seeing it in this piece. 

Well, a head coach with a lifetime record of 11-44-1 with 2 clubs wanting another shot is kinda laughable.  Keep in mind David Shula's winning percentage is 7 full points higher than Jackson's.

43 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

What...that he expresses confidence in his abilities? One doesn't spend decades in a business--and high level ones at that--without believing in one's skills. Whether internet experts see it or not, is immaterial. 

He can believe in his skills all he wants. He is a terrible head coach. The minute he left Cleveland the team played WAY better. The team had zero respect for him. His QB openly mocked him in public. He is a human punch line. 

He is fucking delusional if he thinks any team in this league besides the Bengals would give him another HC spot. 

We have gone from arrogant to delusional. Any other pejoratives? Would we all be so useless in our professions, that we could spend decades at high levels of professional and major college--and actually be recognized by people in the profession, other than Internet experts, for accomplishment. 

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

We have gone from arrogant to delusional. Any other pejoratives? Would we all be so useless in our professions, that we could spend decades at high levels of professional and major college--and actually be recognized by people in the profession, other than Internet experts, for accomplishment. 

Plenty of people spend decades in major corporations doing very well at the Vice-President level.  Doesn't mean are any good at being the CEO.  Lebeau had the same issue, not a good head coach.  And the cold hard fact is the team was happy to see him go.  I didn't help that Jackson took parting shots at the organization and the players for his abysmal record to include taking shots at their rookie QB after he was fired or are you forgetting all that?   Just the type of professional every GM wants.  

His will always be remembered for being a terrible head coach for the Browns. Ask any Browns fan their opinion of Jackson.  You will get the same response that any fan of the Bengals will say in regards to Shula.  The difference is the team moved and Shula kept to himself.  Oh, and acting as if professionalism is hallmark of every coach in the league is really a stretch, just look at our offensive coordinator's resume.

The man was asked a simple question of whether he thought he could return to being a HC or a Coordinator in the NFL. He answered he did. He then gets labeled "arrogant" and "delusional" by internet experts. All of the non-sequitur drapery being placed around his rather bland response to a surprisingly bland media question, is

giphy.gif       

I think "arrogant" is fair, actually.  Read the article, it's all excuses and never once does he admit failure or that he made any kind of mistake.  He's blaming "the narrative" and goes on to say "it was probably some of the best coaching I did".  That's not the media crucifying him, that's his own words. If that's his best who is going to hire him again? Dude seems entirely up his own ass & obviously thought he was going to reinvent the wheel in Cleveland.  It's that Bratkowski thing where they think they're going to outsmart everyone, out there yelling checkmate in a boxing match.  Hue was one of the worst coaches in NFL history and doesn't seem the least bit humbled by the experience.  If that's not arrogance IDK what you call it.

Then I guess IDK. I went back and read a few of his post-game pressers up there. Many had the desired "it begins with me" gun-in-mouth when handing out blame. He doesn't have to carry water for Cleveland and their bearded hobo QB anymore...so he no longer has to debase himself on their behalf. And even if he did for some reason, would it satisfy anyone--especially his haters? Not here for certain.

The question posed,would have the same response from any person on the street would have: "Hey Joe, I remember you used to work as a widget designer ar X Corp. Think you would be able to design widgets again?". If anyone would respond "No, I can't make or design widgets anymore--never could in the first place"..they are a damn liar. 

35 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Then I guess IDK. I went back and read a few of his post-game pressers up there. Many had the desired "it begins with me" gun-in-mouth when handing out blame. He doesn't have to carry water for Cleveland and their bearded hobo QB anymore...so he no longer has to debase himself on their behalf. And even if he did for some reason, would it satisfy anyone--especially his haters? Not here for certain.

The question posed,would have the same response from any person on the street would have: "Hey Joe, I remember you used to work as a widget designer ar X Corp. Think you would be able to design widgets again?". If anyone would respond "No, I can't make or design widgets anymore--never could in the first place"..they are a damn liar. 

Eh, that's a stretch.

"Hey Joe, I remember you used to work as a widget designer at X corp until you drunkenly drove your company van through the front windows & burned down the factory before running naked & screaming into the woods on live TV smeared in your own shit. Think you would be able to design widgets again?"

If anyone would respond "That's just the narrative you've been fed, that fire was actually the best design I ever drew up!" 

Would you think that person was maybe, say, delusional? 

Archived