Keeping our enemies close 2019

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

I just checked the list of Super Bowl winning teams on a few sites and not one of them have asterisks next to the winners.   Nobody really buys into this drivel other than the team that loses.  I would be more than happy to have a Lombardi trophy handed to Mike Brown this February even if they cheated.  

What you believe is your biz, otherwise I'm on board with this.  Yet I have to ask; if you're ok with tainted wins & getting down in the modern NFL shit, why all the hate for Burdock?  He got run out of the AFCN for that eye-for-an-eye stuff.  You know it's Pittsburgh's M.O but when we answer the flags go flying.  If everyone were allowed to do it that wouldn't be cheating.  We're expected to overcome that instead & somehow earn a mystical change of perception, convincing the refs to call a fair game?  Do I have that right, because that's a tall order.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

What you believe is your biz, otherwise I'm on board with this.  Yet I have to ask; if you're ok with tainted wins & getting down in the modern NFL shit, why all the hate for Burdock?  He got run out of the AFCN for that eye-for-an-eye stuff.  You know it's Pittsburgh's M.O but when we answer the flags go flying.  If everyone were allowed to do it that wouldn't be cheating.  We're expected to overcome that instead & somehow earn a mystical change of perception, convincing the refs to call a fair game?  Do I have that right, because that's a tall order.

There is a difference between cheating and getting away with it for the most part aka Spygate, Bountygate (Saints did win a Super Bowl) and costing your team an obvious and unnecessary 15 yarder and getting suspended.  Burfict's late hits and ankle twisting were simply stupid fouls easily caught by the 10 HD cameras at all football games now.   They didn't help the team win anything. The only one he really got away with was blowing up Big Jen in the playoff game (which was awesome) but Jeremy Hill blew it for us.  Opposing team's headsets going out time after time again in New England is suspect as hell. 

The amount of holding some teams' olines get away with occurs because the first thing they do at the start of the game is to hold and see what they can get away with in that game.  If they refs don't call it they sure as hell don't stop.  Watching some of our games when our d line couldn't make it 1 foot past the line of scrimmage was frustrating enough since our oline didn't seem to reciprocate.  Yeah, a little one sided officiating could be at play as well.  Hard to believe one or two of these guys are not dirty.

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Gee, using the salary cap to your full advantage? Who da thunk 

They actually do a pretty good job with contract structure.   I'd have to know how much dead money the Pats eat & for how many years if Saint Thomas trips over his Ugg Boots tomorrow and has a career-ending halo injury.    *that 1.8 mil for Burdock stings.. wonder how Ol' Musty feels about his miraculous redeemin' out in Oak Las Pahrump*

Here's our dead money according to spotrac.com :

2019 Dead Cap

These cap figures derive from the trade or release of players from the active roster or practice squad. All count toward the team total.

PLAYER (10)
POS.
BASE SALARY
SIGNING BONUS
ROSTER BONUS
OPTION BONUS
WORKOUT BONUS
RESTRUC. BONUS
MISC.
DEAD CAP
CAP HIT
CAP %
Vontaze Burfict OLB - $1,806,250 - - - - - - $1,806,250 0.92
George Iloka FS - $1,200,000 - - - - - - $1,200,000 0.61
Mark Walton RB - $514,011 - - - - - - $514,011 0.26
Clint Boling G - $500,000 - - - - - - $500,000 0.25
Ryan Hewitt FB - $375,000 - - - - - - $375,000 0.19
Matt Barkley QB - $250,000 - - - - - - $250,000 0.13
Andrew Brown DE - $208,810 - - - - - - $208,810 0.11
Logan Woodside QB - $52,498 - - - - - - $52,498 0.03
Auden Tate WR - $51,803 - - - - - - $51,803 0.03
Rod Taylor G - $17,267 - - - - - - $17,267 0.01

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

2019 Dead Cap

These cap figures derive from the trade or release of players from the active roster or practice squad. All count toward the team total.

PLAYER (10)
POS.
BASE SALARY
SIGNING BONUS
ROSTER BONUS
OPTION BONUS
WORKOUT BONUS
RESTRUC. BONUS
MISC.
DEAD CAP
CAP HIT
CAP %

Wait a minute.... was Auden Tate cut and I/we didn't know about it?

If so, I missed it.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

They actually do a pretty good job with contract structure.   I'd have to know how much dead money the Pats eat & for how many years if Saint Thomas trips over his Ugg Boots tomorrow and has a career-ending halo injury.    *that 1.8 mil for Burdock stings.. wonder how Ol' Musty feels about his miraculous redeemin' out in Oak Las Pahrump*

Here's our dead money according to spotrac.com :

2019 Dead Cap

PLAYER (10)
POS.
BASE SALARY
SIGNING BONUS
ROSTER BONUS
OPTION BONUS
WORKOUT BONUS
RESTRUC. BONUS
MISC.
DEAD CAP
CAP HIT
CAP %
Vontaze Burfict OLB - $1,806,250 - - - - - - $1,806,250 0.92
George Iloka FS - $1,200,000 - - - - - - $1,200,000 0.61
Mark Walton RB - $514,011 - - - - - - $514,011 0.26
Clint Boling G - $500,000 - - - - - - $500,000 0.25
Ryan Hewitt FB - $375,000 - - - - - - $375,000 0.19
Matt Barkley QB - $250,000 - - - - - - $250,000 0.13
Andrew Brown DE - $208,810 - - - - - - $208,810 0.11
Logan Woodside QB - $52,498 - - - - - - $52,498 0.03
Rod Taylor G - $17,267 - - - - - - $17,267 0.01

If you have ever been to Pahrump, you would know redemption is a fact of life. :laugh:

31 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Wait a minute.... was Auden Tate cut and I/we didn't know about it?

If so, I missed it.

He's still here but maybe on a 2nd contract if I read this right?

A Bengals seventh-round pick in 2018, Tate made Cincinnati’s active roster out of training camp as a rookie, played in seven games, and totaled four catches for 35 yards ... Inactive for first six games, spent Games 7-8 on practice squad, and then was signed back to active roster and played in seven of last eight games

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Here's our dead money according to spotrac.com : [snip]

+1 just for that in bold.

17 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

If you have ever been to Pahrump, you would know redemption is a fact of life. :laugh:

Good call,  all I've seen of Nevada was cutting through Laughlin heading to CA & even that I'm not 100% sure about now.  I have yet to check off the rest of NV & Oregon/NoCal.  Have to admit the latter are higher on my list.  :D   Should see the 'bow my friend caught out there last week, that thing was dinner for 4.  

ptoQJTU.png

Anyway fuck the Stealers

Burfict on the Bengals

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/raiders-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-takes-095633581.html

I just think it’s exciting for people to see what type of team we have because the team chemistry we have is just amazing,” Burfict told the Associated Press. “This is my second team, but it’s the first time I’ve had a team like this and everybody gets along. It doesn’t matter what type of day it is. We’re all here to see each other get better and motivate each other. We’ve got a lot of characters, in a good way.”

Unknown.jpeg

Just go another of those personal solicitations on Linked in.  This one when like this, "I can see we both went to West Point and share a love for the Cleveland Browns as well! I would love to connect...and, Go Army, Beat Navy!

I was like what the fuck are you smoking.  I replied: "I, in no way shape or form, love the Cleveland Browns. I love them about as much as I love the Steelers which is not at all!"

Archived