Keeping our enemies close 2019

57 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

The Stealers are back to being the team that garnered so much respect over the years.  Their fans should hold their head high and once again be proud to call themselves Stealers fans.

image.png

damn I miss those negative rep points.  Make sure you use a ninja next time Bleeds ~ The Management

4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Story about Jen - our local sports radio program has a host that payed in the CFL for 15 years or so. A good friend of his played in Pitt for a number of years with Jen and this guy said "If you think Ben is a douche in public, he is 10 times worse in private"

No offense to CFL vet but the serial rape stuff already kind of gave it away.

Sports

Browns trade RB Duke Johnson to Texans for 2020 draft pick

Associated Press

CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Browns traded disgruntled running back Duke Johnson to the Houston Texans on Thursday for an undisclosed 2020 draft pick. A person familiar with the deal told The Associated Press that Cleveland is getting a fourth-round pick that can become a third-rounder.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the teams are not providing details of the swap.

One of the NFL's most versatile backs in the past four seasons, Johnson had grown unhappy with his role and asked to be traded this year after the Browns signed suspended free agent running back Kareem Hunt.

The 25-year-old Johnson has been sidelined for much of training camp with a hamstring injury. He skipped the team's voluntary offseason program and in June and doubled down on his trade request, saying he was bothered the Browns weren't showing him any loyalty after he signed a contract extension.

General manager John Dorsey was adamant he wasn't going to "give away" Johnson. Before the trade, Dorsey and coach Freddie Kitchens insisted Johnson would have a "vital" role in Cleveland's offense this season.

During his rift with the Browns, Johnson changed agents and hired Drew Rosenhaus, who met with Dorsey at the start of training camp.

Johnson has rushed for 1,286 career yards and caught 235 passes for 2,170.

With Johnson gone and Hunt out for the first eight games because of an NFL suspension for two violent incidents, second-year back Nick Chubb will get the majority of carries.

The Browns drafted Johnson in the third round in 2015 out of Miami.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:11 PM, SF2 said:

damn I miss those negative rep points.  Make sure you use a ninja next time Bleeds ~ The Management

Hey, I was just quoting the Twitter guy verbatim, for effect and all.  But, I'll admit that it was lost unless you held your nose and read everything said in that Twitter clip.

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I think they should allow him to play with no helmet at all.

:boese045:

Is the problem actually that the new helmets are those NCAA softshells that aren't as useful for spearing people? Can't play Stiller footbaw?

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Is the problem actually that the new helmets are those NCAA softshells that aren't as useful for spearing people? Can't play Stiller footbaw?

I actually think the only problem was AB didn't feel like he was in the news enough.  Helmet issue was convenient.  :)

21 hours ago, T-Dub said:

They will be all the rage when the NFL begins TNF (Tuesday Night Football) on NFL Network 2 sometime in 2020. 

Player safety first.

My relations on the North Coast have not gone into Brown mode yet...they are still in full Tribeification. Have sort of noticed that amongst the ex-pats down here too--way more Tribe gear on than Brown. They haven't gone Baker-ish yet...but it will come. 

16 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

My relations on the North Coast have not gone into Brown mode yet...they are still in full Tribeification. Have sort of noticed that amongst the ex-pats down here too--way more Tribe gear on than Brown. They haven't gone Baker-ish yet...but it will come. 

Same here. Hubby and the young man are still in Tribe mode. They went to the All Star game last month. DJ is also rooting for the Reds this year because he has a bet with hubby on the Reds’ record.

Betting any wager on the Reds, is a true roll of the dice.

i actually have no animosity towards the Tribe, or their fans. It's a quirky relation--well nigh homespun. Not as rooted as the Cubs, but nowhere near as plastic as Atlanta.

Same feelings towards the Browns. None. 

Archived