Keeping our enemies close 2019

10 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-claim-malik-jefferson-khadarel-175934730.html

Browns claim Malik Jefferson.

This is going to be the cut that haunts us.

And the Pats traded for Bodine. Not the first time the Pats picked up a player that was deemed horrible by the real football geniuses on this board.

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

And the Pats traded for Bodine. Not the first time the Pats picked up a player that was deemed horrible by the real football geniuses on this board.

Yep, right up there with Chad Johnson and Jeremy Hill.  That Belichek guy is a genius. 

19 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

His mistakes are definitely overlooked.   Imagine if a Bengals TE had committed a gang-related murder then hung himself in jail.   For the Pats it's like it never happened.

That's a little different, but yes, the media disconnected the story from the patriots, which is valid, but yes, if he was a bengal, they would have slammed the bengals for signing thugs. Like if Ray Lewis was a bengal, who knows how his career would've played out.

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

That's a little different, but yes, the media disconnected the story from the patriots, which is valid, but yes, if he was a bengal, they would have slammed the bengals for signing thugs. Like if Ray Lewis was a bengal, who knows how his career would've played out.

Oh I'm not arguing against him being the best coach of this generation, he's got the hardware to prove it.  Still can't help but wonder what happens if that tuck rule call goes against them.  He's certainly had some outside help along the way.  Also I know cheating is accepted in the modern NFL but that does taint his legacy, for me at least.  

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Oh I'm not arguing against him being the best coach of this generation, he's got the hardware to prove it.  Still can't help but wonder what happens if that tuck rule call goes against them.  He's certainly had some outside help along the way.  Also I know cheating is accepted in the modern NFL but that does taint his legacy, for me at least.  

Couldn't agree more on all counts. And don't forget spygate.

Just now, Hooky said:

Couldn't agree more on all counts. And don't forget spygate.

Yeah include that under "cheating".   Basically if they got caught cheating more than once they're probably doing it all the time and not getting caught.  On the other hand if they're allowed to do it, or only get a slap on the wrist when they get caught, is it really cheating?  It's more like a penalty.

Anyway not trying to reignite the "2 sets of rules" argument.  The point was the Bodine getting signed by the Pats doesn't automatically make him a good player we overlooked.  Their roster isn't 53 hall of famers.

42 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jets-hire-ex-Stealers-great-171228716.html

Ex Squeeler Whines Hard joins the N Y Zits as an assistant wide receiver coach.

Speculation is he is going to work to improve their cheap shot techniques.

He didn't last very long on NBC. Too many complaints from viewers punching their TVs.

On 9/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jets-hire-ex-Stealers-great-171228716.html

Ex Squeeler Whines Hard joins the N Y Zits as an assistant wide receiver coach.

Speculation is he is going to work to improve their cheap shot techniques.

I saw him on the sidelines during a preseason game.  My first thought was he was trolling for sex on the sidelines.

On 9/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, T-Dub said:

His mistakes are definitely overlooked.   Imagine if a Bengals TE had committed a gang-related murder then hung himself in jail.   For the Pats it's like it never happened.

On 9/1/2019 at 7:13 PM, Hooky said:

You guys have it all wrong.  Just like Adam "make it rain" Jones, if they were here they would just be projects for the Great Redeemer.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/raiders-fined-antonio-brown-53-144518367.html

“Dear Antonio:

As you know, you did not participate in the Raiders’ walk through on August 22,” the letter begins. “Your absence from practice was unexcused. Accordingly, you are hereby fined $13,950 pursuant to Article 42, Section 1(a)(viii) of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Raiders’ Club Discipline Schedule.

“You were previously fined $40,000 for missing Raiders’ preseason training camp on August 18. Please be advised that should you continue to miss mandatory team activities, including practices and games, the Raiders reserve the right to impose additional remedies available under the Club’s Discipline Schedule, the CBA and your NFL Player Contract, including, but not limited to, additional fines and discipline for engaging in Conduct Detrimental to the Club.

Your Friend in Jesus,

Al Davis"

Brown added his own commentary to the image:

“When your own team want to hate but there’s no stopping me now devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear."

The Raiders are waiting for an interpretation of what the fuck Brown was saying.

18 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/raiders-fined-antonio-brown-53-144518367.html

“Dear Antonio:

As you know, you did not participate in the Raiders’ walk through on August 22,” the letter begins. “Your absence from practice was unexcused. Accordingly, you are hereby fined $13,950 pursuant to Article 42, Section 1(a)(viii) of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Raiders’ Club Discipline Schedule.

“You were previously fined $40,000 for missing Raiders’ preseason training camp on August 18. Please be advised that should you continue to miss mandatory team activities, including practices and games, the Raiders reserve the right to impose additional remedies available under the Club’s Discipline Schedule, the CBA and your NFL Player Contract, including, but not limited to, additional fines and discipline for engaging in Conduct Detrimental to the Club.

Your Friend in Jesus,

Al Davis"

Brown added his own commentary to the image:

“When your own team want to hate but there’s no stopping me now devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear."

The Raiders are waiting for an interpretation of what the fuck Brown was saying.

Your friend in Jesus, Al Davis...nice touch HSH..

Archived