Keeping our enemies close 2019

The NY Zits third round pick, a linebacker.  I wondered why we didn't go after him after he was cut.  Just another ass hat.

The New York Jets released a third-round draft pick over the weekend as they trimmed down their roster prior to the start of the 2019 regular season.

Jachai Polite’s off-the-field issues were more than glaring, which appeared to be the main reason why the Jets cut him before the official start of the season.

Polite, a linebacker who received a $1.1 million signing bonus when he joined the Jets as a rookie earlier this year, was fined more than $100,000 over his four-month stint for violating team rules, Pro Football Talk reported.

Jachai Polite was cut by the New York Jets. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)th-3.jpeg

Jachai Polite was cut by the New York Jets. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

A league source told the football website that Polite had problems such as showing up late and “doing things he shouldn’t have done or not doing things he should have been doing.”

Though Polite was a high draft pick, he was selected by former Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan. Maccagnan was out of the position by the middle of the offseason and was replaced by Joe Douglas.

The Seattle Seahawks signed Polite to their practice squad soon after the Jets cut him.

Sports

Browns WR Beckham still hampered by hip injury

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. said he plans to play Sunday despite an ongoing hip injury that prevents him from "opening up and sprinting."

Beckham was not listed on Wednesday's injury report for the season opener against the visiting Tennessee Titans. On Thursday, he updated reporters on the status of an ailment he has been dealing with for weeks. He did not play in the preseason.

"It's like an extremely fast car with like a little alignment or something off," he said. "And it's right in the center of what you need. Now, the car can still go, but it's dangerous, you know what I mean? So, it's just something I've been trying to figure out, in and out of rehab every single day. Never really dealt with anything like that."

Beckham, 26, missed 16 of 32 games during his last two seasons with the New York Giants. He played all 16 games only once (2016) in five years there.

The three-time Pro Bowl selection said the injury is getting better.

"It's something that hopefully that keeps progressing and gets better and not worse," he said.

"But it's just something you have to deal with. We have a game Sunday, so it's time to go. ... I'll be running as fast as I can run. If that's not a hundred , I feel confident in myself that wherever I'm at, I'll be ready to play with wherever I'm at."

th-6.jpeg.1edc5894ec4e63e21d3a3692da0ceb87.jpeg

23 hours ago, High School Harry said:
Sports

Browns WR Beckham still hampered by hip injury

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. said he plans to play Sunday despite an ongoing hip injury that prevents him from "opening up and sprinting."

Beckham was not listed on Wednesday's injury report for the season opener against the visiting Tennessee Titans. On Thursday, he updated reporters on the status of an ailment he has been dealing with for weeks. He did not play in the preseason.

"It's like an extremely fast car with like a little alignment or something off," he said. "And it's right in the center of what you need. Now, the car can still go, but it's dangerous, you know what I mean? So, it's just something I've been trying to figure out, in and out of rehab every single day. Never really dealt with anything like that."

Beckham, 26, missed 16 of 32 games during his last two seasons with the New York Giants. He played all 16 games only once (2016) in five years there.

The three-time Pro Bowl selection said the injury is getting better.

"It's something that hopefully that keeps progressing and gets better and not worse," he said.

"But it's just something you have to deal with. We have a game Sunday, so it's time to go. ... I'll be running as fast as I can run. If that's not a hundred , I feel confident in myself that wherever I'm at, I'll be ready to play with wherever I'm at."

th-6.jpeg.1edc5894ec4e63e21d3a3692da0ceb87.jpeg

It's from when Burfict tackled him 3 years ago.

14 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Reading where LegoHead said he was sorry, so may not be suspended. 

It’s the classic talent over offense committed syndrome in this league.  If it had been Dwayne Harris (one of their other WRs) pulling this shit he would have been gone long ago. Brown could probably grab Mayock’s daughter’s ass and Gruden would blame her for being too pretty (she is). 

Archived