Keeping our enemies close 2019

*** Don't want to list this under "The Good" for fear of inviting bad Karma.

Besides, we will never see him again.

Sports

49ers offensive tackle Staley suffers broken fibula in win over Bengals

The San Francisco 49ers dominated the Cincinnati Bengals 41-17 on Sunday, but lost a key piece of their offensive line in victory.

Starting left tackle Joe Staley was carted off the field in the third quarter and coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters the six-time Pro Bowler has a broken fibula.

Shanahan said Staley would likely be out for "less than eight weeks" and probably will not be put on the injured reserve list.

"Any time you lose your left tackle it's always significant," Shanahan said. "Especially when the guy who backed [Staley] up, we lost in preseason. So, we got [Justin] Skule, we got [Daniel] Brunskill, guys who'll have to step it up.

"Unfortunate for Joe. I know how bad he wants to be out there, but once we accept the injury at least we'll still get him back later this year."

Staley, 35, has been with the 49ers since the team selected him as a first-round pick in the 2007 NFL Draft. He has made three All-Pro teams in his 12-year career.

San Francisco are off to a strong 2-0 start in 2019 and will host the 0-2 Pittsburgh Stealers in Week 3.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Drew Brees thumb surgery, out probably for the year.

Apparently broke it when he fell on his ass.

Out 6 to 8 weeks. Bridgewater will probably keep them at .500 until Brees returns.  Their division sucks. 

Watch Trent Williams go to SF. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Out 6 to 8 weeks. Bridgewater will probably keep them at .500 until Brees returns.  Their division sucks. 

Watch Trent Williams go to SF. 

Great call on that one.

No kidding but I would trade Mixon for Trent Williams and hopefully a draft choice to boot.

Very unimpressed with him even behind the piss poor excuse for a line.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Great call on that one.

No kidding but I would trade Mixon for Trent Williams and hopefully a draft choice to boot.

Very unimpressed with him even behind the piss poor excuse for a line.

I hate to be Team Eeyore but Williams would refuse that trade.  49ers or Patriots make most sense but the 49ers have way more cap space and Staley at 35 may be done so it would be a good move.  49ers are up and coming and have a pretty easy schedule.  New England would love to upgrade over Marshall Newhouse. 

Williams and our #1 draft pick this year might make a great start for next year but I just cant see Williams or any high value player coming here on purpose.  Besides, we will need to make room for Jay Gruden once he gets fired and that would be awkward. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I can recall how much everyone despised Newhouse when he was here. Now what would we give to have him? 

IDK, the same we gave Dennis Roland or Andre Smith or Cordy Glenn or any of the other scrub OT's we've tried to sneak by with over the last few years.  

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

You guys this is nothing to joke about..... he almost died.

FrankenBen has died many times.  They will simply graft a new, supple young elbow from one of his many victims to the nub so he may Triumphantly Return.  So brave.  Amen.  

49 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I don't understand why some teams keep trying to improve? Why not just go to war with what you have...fools. 

I’m amazed that we never seem to have any money under the cap to sign key FA, yet the Patriots can add a 15 Mil one year contract to their payroll AFTER the season start and the Stealers can trade a 1st round pick and also add to their payroll after the season start. It all starts and stops with our conservative team management.

19 minutes ago, ValleyBengal said:

I’m amazed that we never seem to have any money under the cap to sign key FA, yet the Patriots can add a 15 Mil one year contract to their payroll AFTER the season start and the Stealers can trade a 1st round pick and also add to their payroll after the season start. It all starts and stops with our conservative team management.

Minkah is making 1.8million.....

Stealers just traded probably a top 10 pock for minkah. I doubt they turn it around.

8 hours ago, FulcherVulcher33 said:

minkah fitzpatrick to the stoolers

7 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Minkah is making 1.8million.....

Stealers just traded probably a top 10 pock for minkah. I doubt they turn it around.

The Pittsburgh Stealers are acquiring defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick from the Miami Dolphins in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Not worth it.

With his age and the injury chances are Bent will hang up his jock and concentrate on being a full time serial rapist (lock up your Wheaties and Cheeros, no one is safe!)

and the Squeels won't have a first round pick for a new booty snatcher.

A first round bust...

Stealers sign Paxton Lynch to practice squad with Ben Roethlisberger sidelined

Lynch, 25, hasn’t appeared in a regular season game since 2017. He entered 2018 in a competition for the Denver Broncos’ starting job, but was demoted to third string in the preseason. The Broncos released Lynch just days before the 2018 regular season.

After spending the 2018 season as a free agent, Lynch signed with the Seattle Seahawks in January. Lynch appeared in three preseason games for the Seahawks, throwing one touchdown while completing 48.6 percent of his passes. The Seahawks cut Lynch in late August.

Despite being selected by the Broncos with the 26th overall pick in 2016, Lynch has only started four games in the NFL. He’s thrown four touchdowns against four interceptions during his career.

In what has become a common occurrence these days, the news of Lynch’s workout was met with questions about former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The 31-year-old Kaepernick has released plenty of videos this offseason suggesting he wants another shot in the NFL. The Stealers were among the teams to lose a quarterback in Week 2, providing plenty of chances for Kaepernick to get a call.

While the Stealers took a shot on Lynch, the team isn’t expecting him to see the field. Mason Rudolph, who performed admirably in Week 2, will be the team’s starter going forward. A number of Stealers came out in support of Rudolph on Tuesday.

39 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

The Pats got enough info from Brown to help embarrass the Stealers.  That's all that mattered to the Patriots.

:Thoughtful-min:

They signed a guy despite rape allegations hanging over his head & then immediately cut him after The Hoodie got annoyed with questions about it & walked out of a press conference.

I don't think this was some 4d chess move by the Patriots.

Archived