Keeping our enemies close 2019

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

:Thoughtful-min:

They signed a guy despite rape allegations hanging over his head & then immediately cut him after The Hoodie got annoyed with questions about it & walked out of a press conference.

I don't think this was some 4d chess move by the Patriots.

Yeah but IIRC the allegations didnt come out till after they signed him.  I really thought the reason they signed a player they really didn't need was to keep another team from you doing it.  Let him hang for a bit and if it works then good if not kick him to the curb.  Brown is pretty much gone for a while now. 

13 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Jeremy's "source" may opine this...however this will be a humdinger of a grievance. It would seem to me--without benefit of the factual details--that all LegoHead and/or his agent would have to say is: "I had no idea of this!". It would be up to the Hoodie to show otherwise. 

And even if the league sides with their sainted team, there are legal avenues outside of formal grievances. Most likely he'll get some of the dough eventually.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Jeremy's "source" may opine this...however this will be a humdinger of a grievance. It would seem to me--without benefit of the factual details--that all LegoHead and/or his agent would have to say is: "I had no idea of this!". It would be up to the Hoodie to show otherwise. 

And even if the league sides with their sainted team, there are legal avenues outside of formal grievances. Most likely he'll get some of the dough eventually.

...that will hopefully go to his victim (assuming the charges are true).

Stop me if you've herd this one before...

Not a repeat: Raiders LB Vontaze Burfict ejected for another dirty hit

Yahoo Sports Frank Schwab,Yahoo Sports 51 minutes ago 

If you had Week 4 in the “Vontaze Burfict does something dirty to get ejected/fined/suspended” pool, you can claim your winnings.

Burfict, the former Cincinnati Bengals linebacker now with the Oakland Raiders, has a reputation as the dirtiest player in football. So it shouldn’t be much of a surprise that in Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts, he was ejected for hitting Colts tight end Jack Doyle in the helmet.

Doyle was getting up from the ground after a short catch when Burfict came in with a helmet-to-helmet hit. He was given a 15-yard penalty and kicked out of the game. Raiders coach Jon Gruden wasn’t happy with the officials for ejecting his player, but it was the type of hit the NFL wants to get out of the game. And it’s not like Burfict is a stranger to those types of hits. It was blatant, and the type of headhunting move he has done before. According to Spotrac, Burfict has more than $4.2 million in career fines and has been suspended 10 games. The NFL won’t be pleased to see him with another violation of that type.

The Raiders went on for the rest of the game without Burfict. He’ll likely get fined, and given his history, a suspension could happen too. He should know where to send the check by now.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The Stealers will take on the LA Galaxy tonight, for a chance to draw even with Cleveland (or something). 

The Stealers will have at least one red card, and the match may be decided on penalty kicks. 

Penalty kicks are more exciting than our offense. 

Sports

Report: Stealers lose DE Tuitt for season

Pittsburgh Stealers defensive end Stephon Tuitt will undergo season-ending surgery for a pectoral tear, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported.

Tuitt exited Sunday night's 24-17 victory at the Los Angeles Chargers after being injured during the first quarter and did not return.

The 6-foot-6, 303-pound Tuitt entered the game tied for the team lead in sacks (3 1/2) and tackles for loss (six).

In his sixth year with the Stealers, Tuitt was selected in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft out of Notre Dame. His rookie year is the only season in which he has played every game. He has started 64 of the 76 games he has played in his six seasons.

Tuitt has three more seasons on his contract with the Stealers. Next year his cap hit will be $14.9 million.

However, the Steeler coaching staff was not pleased with his off season conditioning.  He reportedly had a considerable weight gain.  According to one staff member who chooses to remain anonymous, "Stephon ended the season in great physical shape but when he returned we found we had gotten a round Tuitt."

The Stealers (2-4) are tied with the Cleveland Browns for second place in the AFC North. The Stealers have a bye this week.

7 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/eagles-zach-brown-release-kirk-cousins-trash-talk

Eagles linebacker Zac Brown released for being an asshole.

Worth bring in?

Has to be as good or better than what we've got and sounds

like a good candidate for redeeming.

According to the article “several” teams are expressing interest. So if those teams fail to close a deal, we may have a shot. 

Archived