Bengals DC

55 minutes ago, Girevik said:

My concern is that Taylor evidently assumed he'd want Del Rio without first speaking to him,  and he seems to be so specific about we wants that a match is very hard to find. 

It sounds to me there was an initial interest between the parties but after sitting down and discussing the details for some unknown reason that initial mutual interest shifted and they went their separate ways.

I thought that is how grown men are expected to behave.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Keep telling yourself that; Del Rio, Nolan, and Capers all passed including Grantham.  

This job shouldn't be that hard to fill, I can't think of any other team that doesn't have a DC at this point. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_defensive_coordinators

Most coaches have guys already lined up for these types of jobs before they get hired, Taylor doesn't have the network or respect from his peers in order to get this done. 

Del Rio didn't pass. He wasn't offered. 

There has been no word about Nolan. 

And Capers may have passed. So 1.5. 

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

It sounds to me there was an initial interest between the parties but after sitting down and discussing the details for some unknown reason that initial mutual interest shifted and they went their separate ways.

I wonder if T-Dub threw trash on Del Rio's lawn?

2 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Gee, even with this guy, they can't seem to get past a career DB coach. The closest thing this guy has been to a coordinator was:

From 1992-94, Anarumo was defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, New York. He also served as the admissions liaison to the athletics department.

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Gee, even with this guy, they can't seem to get past a career DB coach. The closest thing this guy has been to a coordinator was:

From 1992-94, Anarumo was defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, New York. He also served as the admissions liaison to the athletics department.

He was the interim Coordinator for Dolphins too. 

7 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Del Rio didn't pass. He wasn't offered. 

There has been no word about Nolan. 

And Capers may have passed. So 1.5. 

It's all spin and at this point the Bengals are trying to save face and say they broke up with Del Rio first. Who broke up with who first doesn't matter, the Bengals have tried and failed to hire a DC multiple times and they are no closer to hiring someone than they were months ago. 

Here the facts, indisputable facts, there have been 5 guys who have been reportedly been a serious candidate for the DC position and the Bengals are the only team in the NFL without a DC. Are the Bengals that smart and ahead of the curve that they don't need to prepare for the season like the other 31 teams?

2 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Who in the fuck is this guy??

So the guy from Moeller, Jim Turner, and this guy along with Taylor and Callahan are going to do what exactly...what a cluster fuck.

So now Taylor has a built in excuse for this season.  

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

It's all spin and this point the Bengals are trying to save face and say they broke up with Del Rio first. Who broke up with who first doesn't matter, the Bengals have tried and failed to hire a DC multiple times and they are no closer to hiring someone than they were months ago. 

Here the facts, indisputable facts, there have been 5 guys who have been reportedly been a serious candidate for the DC position and the Bengals are the only team in the NFL without a DC. Are the Bengals that smart and ahead of the curve that they don't need to prepare for the season like the other 31 teams?

I’d like to believe those are indisputable facts, but I haven’t found anything credible out there, with vetted sources. It’s all been very fast and loose, innuendo and abstract-filled. I haven’t even really seen reports for people speaking for some these guys who were purportedly being offered/considered.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

9 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

So the guy from Moeller, Jim Turner, and this guy along with Taylor and Callahan are going to do what exactly...what a cluster fuck.

If by “who the fuck is this guy?” You’re referring to Albert Breer, then, sure I’m with you. 

How have you let a bunch of rumor peddlers on Twitter get you into such a lather, man?

2 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Except that when he initially interviewed,  Taylor told the Bengals Del Rio was "his guy" at DC.  THEN he talked to him and changed his mind.  Report I heard was that it wasn't mutual,  Del Rio wanted the job. 

It just seems to me that Taylor didn't have his DC ducks in a row going into this process and is now scrambling. 

57 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

lou anarumo at one point in time was the defensive coordinator for the Miami dolphins when Kevin coyle was fired. the dolphins might have kept him, but the over feel was.he was to much like Kevin coyle.

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

I’d like to believe those are indisputable facts, but I haven’t found anything credible out there, with vetted sources. It’s all been very fast and loose, innuendo and abstract-filled. I haven’t even really seen reports for people speaking for some these guys who were purportedly being offered/considered.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

1.Del Rio- Regardless of the spin, he was the first option to be DC.

2. Dennis Allen - Was offered and chose New Orleans over Cincy

3. Dom Capers - Was offered, declined 

4. Grantham - Was offered, declined 

5. Aubrey Pleasant - blocked from interviewing 

6. Jeff Hafley - Declined 

7. Aaron Glenn- Blocked from interviewing 

8. Lou Anarumo - Some guy who is not qualified and no other team is considering for a DC position except the Bengals because he is the 8th choice. 

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

If by “who the fuck is this guy?” You’re referring to Albert Breer, then, sure I’m with you. 

How have you let a bunch of rumor peddlers on Twitter get you into such a lather, man?

I'm referring to the Lou guy, Breer is a known commodity. 

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

How many more coaches from that terrible 2015 Dolphins team can we hire? Does this guy have any network outside of the people he worked with? Does he know any other coaches that he respects? 

Or do other coaches respect him? Normally HC's have plenty of guys lining up fill these jobs and Talyor obviously doesn't have that kind of network. 

First Taylor talks about integrity and hires Jim Turner while firing Frank Pollack, a questionable move at best.  Now it's a week away from the combine and our secondary coaches are running the show...

On 2/17/2019 at 11:35 AM, thezerawkid said:

Nobody’s practicing right now. Heck, pretty sure guys aren’t even allowed in the building until after the draft.

Its likely anyone they hire is going to have ongoing work happening in terms of who they like and for what reasons in the draft. It won’t take a ton of time to look at the roster and figure out who will be a part of the puzzle moving forward and who needs to be shown the door or the bench.

This is a molehill, not a mountain. Besides, take the time, make the right hire, don’t rush and then figure out midseason we have another Teryl Austin scenario on our hands, right?

It's more than a molehill, most other teams are digesting and improving their defense while we sit on our hands. We don't have a lead guy watching tape for the whole fucking defense, we are behind the curve, especially how bad we were/are defensively. How is that a molehill?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

How many of you knew who Matt Eberflus was this time last year?

I don't know who he is now.

The inside word was the Bengals were interested in interviewing Xavier University's defensive coordinator

until they found out Xavier doesn't have a football team.

34 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I don't know who he is now.

The inside word was the Bengals were interested in interviewing Xavier University's defensive coordinator

until they found out Xavier doesn't have a football team.

:24: 

Archived