Attending the Combine

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

Parris will go much earlier than I would be looking at WRs, but as a Buckeye fan I like seeing them do well.

As for not needing a WR, I disagree.  It's not a high need, but when AJ and Boyd went down we had no one else step up.  I'm hoping Ross improves this year, but I still want to add 1 more guy that can play.  If Terry McLaurin is still there in 4 I want him.

Yeah, I can see your point.  Too many holes to fill in one draft anyway so may as well take the long view and go BPA. 

Metcalf's not just a freak combine warrior either.  He's a huge target that can go get the football.  A lot more pressing needs to fill, but Melcalf opposite AJ with Boyd in the slot gives me the vapors.  Would need (at a minimum) decent FA starter signings at OL & LB.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Parris will go much earlier than I would be looking at WRs, but as a Buckeye fan I like seeing them do well.

As for not needing a WR, I disagree.  It's not a high need, but when AJ and Boyd went down we had no one else step up.  I'm hoping Ross improves this year, but I still want to add 1 more guy that can play.  If Terry McLaurin is still there in 4 I want him.

Add in AJ and Boyd are FAs next year. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Think we're all coming around to the realization that this is a 2-3 year process ahead of us.

Keep in mind if Boyd has another great year he is probably a 4-$10 mil a year player.  AJ is a 4-$16 player easily.   

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Keep in mind if Boyd has another great year he is probably a 4-$10 mil a year player.  AJ is a 4-$16 player easily.   

Well, we have the money as far as that goes.  Too many of our best players are on the wrong side of the 30, though. 

Started watching the combine from the beginning after I got home from church, so my comments are on things that happened a couple hours ago.  Quinnen was impressive.  It's a shame Lawrence got hurt, I was looking forward to watching him.  Tillery screams 3-4 DE to me.

I'm not seeing any OL numbers here?

:45:

Walterfootball.com has us taking one Cody Ford, with Taylor and Little going at 9 and 10.  Hoping they're right about Devin White being off the board.

That's 3 OL right around our spot.  We can't take any of these guys because why?  

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

All of a sudden I'm ok with Bush at 11.  Has good tape but the athleticism is better than I expected.  White is still ahead of him, but if White is gone I wouldn't complain about Bush.

Sorry Jason, I would rather have Devin.

Archived