2019 Free Agency

19 hours ago, spicoli said:

don't let Marv Lewis politics fool ya, Hopkins is a good player.....some team out there would have happily snapped him up. 

right.. 

I mean Geno and Dunlap had to play behind guys they were clearly better than

41 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

right.. 

That note from Chad in the other thread makes me wonder if Marvin made those decisions.  Maybe Geno was benched because Ol' Musty heard him say a naughty word.  

1/2 :ninja: because I'm really not sure what goes on at the Brown Family Charitable Trust.  Suffice to say I'm far from convinced that winning football games is the top priority. 

2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

right.. 

I'd argue Westerman is a good player as well...how much playing time did he get under ol Marv?

23 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That note from Chad in the other thread makes me wonder if Marvin made those decisions.  Maybe Geno was benched because Ol' Musty heard him say a naughty word.  

1/2 :ninja: because I'm really not sure what goes on at the Brown Family Charitable Trust.  Suffice to say I'm far from convinced that winning football games is the top priority. 

Winning football games, especially in the playoffs isn't close to being a top priority for the Brown family. Things like estate planning, getting that last share from Dutch Knowlton's lawyer, providing jobs for Brown family members are all a much higher priority. If the team wins games, great. If they don't, too bad. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Winning football games, especially in the playoffs isn't close to being a top priority for the Brown family. Things like estate planning, getting that last share from Dutch Knowlton's lawyer, providing jobs for Brown family members are all a much higher priority. If the team wins games, great. If they don't, too bad. 

Yeah, sure.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

How many championship-caliber teams are the main source of income for an entire family?  I think the Browns are fine with being a subsidized punching bag.  It's how you end up with .500 coaches sticking around for close to 20 years.  All about ownership's comfort level.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, T-Dub said:

I count 4 OT's, 5 guards and 3 centers.  Half of them ought to be touching down at CVG sometime in the next few weeks.

I would jump at Trent Brown and move Glenn to the right side, then draft a LB in the 1st (unless one of the QBs fall) and G in the 2nd.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I would jump at Trent Brown and move Glenn to the right side, then draft a LB in the 1st (unless one of the QBs fall) and G in the 2nd.

You have more faith in Glenn than I do, but I like this plan just the same outside the LB in the 1st part.  I don't see that as a good investment at #11.

Glenn looks capable at best at LT, I don't see him as a road-grader type at all.  He is a stopgap on the way to an OL we can actually count on.

Archived