2019 Free Agency

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I would expect you to not be the leader in the clubhouse in bellyaching, once the collapse begins anew. 

That will be saved for IC...who will do so regardless of the occasion. :lol:

No I won't be a bellyacher lol....it's all apathy for me.

And no truer words about IC 😂

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I was just getting ready to ask about KJ Wright. My son wanted him. Just saw that he's staying with the Seahawks.

It is cute that you thought we actually had a shot at him. Kind of like an 8 week lab chasing a tennis ball. 

18 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Exploring Free Agents as we try to fill out the roster and the prices come down. Lots of depth here for camp etc. 

Starting with Cardinals. 

WR JJ Nelson-Wouldn't be a terrible veteran for camp if he doesn't get another offer. 

T John Wetzel-Wasn't tendered, he'll be 28 by the time the season comes along. He has 24 starts already. Not a terrible backup

T Joe Barksdale-Started for the Cards last year. 30 year old with 78 career starts

DE Benson Mayowa-Love this guy. Productive and under rated. 38 tackles and 4 sacks last year. 73.3 PFF rating. 

DT Rodney Gunter-Also under rated. 4.5 sacks and 44.5 tackles last year. 70.3 PFF rating

LB Gerald Hodges-Puts up numbers whenever he plays but bounces around alot. 55 tackles. Just a 56 PFF rating

LB Jeremy Cash-Would be a hybrid or nickel LB/S. Injuries have derailed him but a pretty good athlete if I remember correctly. IMO a perfect guy for camp. Likely to end up with Browns.

S Tra Boston-74.1 pff rating last year. 79 tackles, 3 int, 9 passes defensed. Will only be 27 at the start of the season, feels like he has been around forever. 

20081211_vultures_560x375.jpg

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It is cute that you thought we actually had a shot at him. Kind of like an 8 week lab chasing a tennis ball. 

I said my son wanted him. I didn't mention any expectations. Plus it was an update. Reading curve.

5 minutes ago, Girevik said:

You do know that no one was allowed to visit,  or sign, before today right?  Until today teams could only talk to agents. 

Point well taken. During the Legal Tapering phase, agents had their price targets, and teams had their player targets. There was only enough time allotted for the "big names". The "visiting" types (didn't we used to call them Tier 2?) were not directly targeted one way or the other during Legal Tampering.  

42 minutes ago, Hooky said:

This is turning into a big pity party.

Nah, I will save my pity party for the when PBS is 60% new Browns fans when we play them.  Half with Baker Gayfield jersies and the other with OHell Beckam

29 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Who cares?

My kids did.  They loved Chad, Carson and TJ.  All of them and their friends were wearing Bengals gear to school.  They were huge Bengals fans until a few years ago.  My oldest son gave up on them after the San Diego loss, just a Saints fan now.  Youngest quit caring in the last few years, bastard became a bandwagon Brady loving Patriots fan.  Kid hates Andy Dalton.

My Dad took me to my first 10 or 12 Bengals games.  The 90s pretty much broke him.  He loved Drew Brees at Purdue and became a San Diego fan and was always a Saints Fan so was overjoyed when he went there. 

It absolutely matters.  I hardly see any young kids with Bengals stuff on anymore.  Most have LeBron Cavs shit, Lakers, Warriors crap or other teams like Green Bay and Pittspuke.   I have seen more kids with Cincinnati FC stuff on lately than Bengals. 

I used to go to games with my friends in their Bengal Bus.   They finally all sold their season tickets and sold the bus.  Its hard to sell tickets for a team with only one legitimate star on it surrounded by mostly mediocre nobodies.  I know Atkins is a great player but he is not a star like Mack, Bosa, Aaron Donald, Luke Kuechly or JJ Watt plus he plays on a meh defense. 

It is supposed to be entertaining.  Recent Bengals football is far from entertaining.  They had problems selling playoff tickets it has gotten so bad. 

31 minutes ago, SF2 said:

My kids did.  They loved Chad, Carson and TJ.  All of them and their friends were wearing Bengals gear to school.  They were huge Bengals fans until a few years ago.  My oldest son gave up on them after the San Diego loss, just a Saints fan now.  Youngest quit caring in the last few years, bastard became a bandwagon Brady loving Patriots fan.  Kid hates Andy Dalton.

My Dad took me to my first 10 or 12 Bengals games.  The 90s pretty much broke him.  He loved Drew Brees at Purdue and became a San Diego fan and was always a Saints Fan so was overjoyed when he went there. 

It absolutely matters.  I hardly see any young kids with Bengals stuff on anymore.  Most have LeBron Cavs shit, Lakers, Warriors crap or other teams like Green Bay and Pittspuke.   I have seen more kids with Cincinnati FC stuff on lately than Bengals. 

I used to go to games with my friends in their Bengal Bus.   They finally all sold their season tickets and sold the bus.  Its hard to sell tickets for a team with only one legitimate star on it surrounded by mostly mediocre nobodies.  I know Atkins is a great player but he is not a star like Mack, Bosa, Aaron Donald, Luke Kuechly or JJ Watt plus he plays on a meh defense. 

It is supposed to be entertaining.  Recent Bengals football is far from entertaining.  They had problems selling playoff tickets it has gotten so bad. 

Winning is the only thing that matters. They could dump this whole team and start from scratch and if they won, no one would give any of those players a second thought.

That said, the only way this team will ever win anything is by sucking so bad that they luck into a franchise changing QB.

So really losing, and losing bigly, is our only hope. 

Archived