2019 Free Agency

8 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I loved the Dennard pick when it happened but injuries slowed his development originally and he never got a chance to play outside with Dre  and Pacman playing there. I hope the Bengals keep him. 

Think he's looking for CB1-2 money somewhere else.

12 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And the fact he has not signed anywhere yet indicates he is pricing himself too high at the moment. 

He will find a home.  Maybe take a little less but someone will pick him up.  I am surprised Eifert hasn't been talked to.   Maybe the injury is still an issue. 

19 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Paul Brown hated Free Agency and thought it would kill the game

It really hasn't hurt the game at all. It does allow the best players to get paid what they deserve so I don't have an issue with it. You can pick up a final piece or two in FA but there is no way to build a team built to win year after year thru FA.  Gotta have great evaluators of talent at the draft, someone who is a cap genius, a franchise QB and great coaching.  Little of that comes from FA.  

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

OK.  So Miami picks 13th.  Obviously, they need an actually QB.   So either they are moving up in draft this year or could they actually get away with full blown tanking?   Maybe pick up Fitz for this year but he might actually win games for them.  This will be interesting.  Maybe they already made deal for Rosen?

Archived