2019 Free Agency

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

If the bengals signed him or another guy that nobody has ever heard of for that amount, fans would've gone just as ape shit. And how is he clearly better?

Hart was awful last year. This guy has been solid every time he has had a chance. I have been saying we should sign him for months. Just because you have no idea what your talking about doesn't mean everyone else is as obtuse. 

18 minutes ago, Hooky said:

For those of you clamoring for a big FA signing, who/what do you want. An OL was never going to happen. Mikey's not going to pay huge money for one of those.  What else do we need? LB is the only thing I could think of, but who's out there? Need secondary depth, but that's not big FA territory. TE?

There is a thread like five up with a huge list. There are lists everywhere on the internet. Who's out there? Actually try to look. It's all out there. You are already on the internet. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

There is a thread like five up with a huge list. There are lists everywhere on the internet. Who's out there? Actually try to look. It's all out there. You are already on the internet. 

Fuck off. I was starting a conversation.

8 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Hart was awful last year. This guy has been solid every time he has had a chance. I have been saying we should sign him for months. Just because you have no idea what your talking about doesn't mean everyone else is as obtuse. 

Seriously, go fuck yourself. 

16 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

You can like him all you want but the Bengals are NEVER going to pay that much for a soon-to-be 34 year old player.

You should have known that much without even having to think about it.

I just don't understand what some of you people were thinking was going to happen....this is Cincinnati, they've never NOT been this way.

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

You can like him all you want but the Bengals are NEVER going to pay that much for a soon-to-be 34 year old player.

You should have known that much without even having to think about it.

I just don't understand what some of you people were thinking was going to happen....this is Cincinnati, they've never NOT been this way.

It's like he just started following this team. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

As many good Saftey's on the market that there are can we please please please upgrade from Shawn Williams?

We definitely need depth in the secondary. The back-ups were absolutely horrid when they had to fill in for injuries.

33 minutes ago, Hooky said:

If the bengals signed him or another guy that nobody has ever heard of for that amount, fans would've gone just as ape shit. And how is he clearly better?

He is better and his name is not Bobby "Jump" Hart. 

Antonio Brown’s rebuff of the Bills got us thinking: If money was equal, where do NFL players want to play? And where don’t players want to go?

For answers, I turned to 15 NFL agents whom I know and respect and asked the following: “If you polled your clients about the most and least desirable teams to play for, which teams do you think would end up in the Top 5 and which would be in the Bottom 5?”

The agents asked for anonymity to discuss players’ perceptions of NFL teams candidly. They listed a number of factors that make teams desirable or undesirable to their typical client. “There are so many factors to consider and every player is different,” one agent told me, “but typically we look at winning culture/tradition, opportunity [for playing time], income tax laws, market, area of the country, and sometimes weather.”

Said another agent: “It’s an interesting question because players don’t really know, so they just look at city and nightlife and a bunch of s--- that doesn’t matter.”

“I think most players take the most money regardless of location, as they should” said another agent. “But when it’s equal, that’s when this debate gets interesting.”

Without further ado, the Top 5:

1. Dallas, 11 votes
2. Seattle, 8
3. Miami, 8
4. L.A. Rams, 7
5. Atlanta, 5

Others receiving votes: Philadelphia (4), Houston (4), Indianapolis (3), New England (3), Arizona (2), Denver (2), L.A. Chargers (2), New Orleans (2), N.Y. Giants (2), Pittsburgh (2), San Francisco (2), Tampa Bay (2), Tennessee (2), Baltimore, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minnesota

Atlanta squeaked past Philadelphia for fifth place, with one agent saying players from the SEC often see Atlanta as the “capitol of the south.” Another agent described the city as “America’s black mecca.” The Rams’ appeal is simple, said one agent: “Hot team, new stadium, new facilities.” Despite Miami’s floundering on the field of late, the attraction of the South Beach lifestyle is overwhelming for many. Seattle benefits from a popular city and what’s judged a “player-friendly” work environment, one agent said.

Our runaway winner, the Dallas Cowboys, are said to “spare no expense” when it comes to player luxuries. “They just treat the player first-rate,” one agent said.

And the Bottom 5:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

Others receiving votes: Jacksonville (5), N.Y. Giants (3), N.Y. Jets (4), Green Bay (3), New England (3), San Francisco (3), Washington (3), L.A. Chargers (2), Arizona, Denver, Minnesota, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

4 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

This is the free agency thread, dipshit.

Archived