2019 Free Agency

One of the rationales for Mikey & the Bengals not pursuing higher end FA's is they don't want signings costing them potential comp picks in the next draft.  The only potential FA loss that could conceivably bring a premium Comp pick would be Dennard (and they could still re-up him).  Think it might be a good time to shop and Mikey may decide to splurge?

🤣🤣🤣  Naw, me either.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:53 PM, snarkster said:

One of the rationales for Mikey & the Bengals not pursuing higher end FA's is they don't want signings costing them potential comp picks in the next draft.  The only potential FA loss that could conceivably bring a premium Comp pick would be Dennard (and they could still re-up him).  Think it might be a good time to shop and Mikey may decide to splurge?

🤣🤣🤣  Naw, me either.

It's bullshit, just like their song & dance about rolling over cap money for some big payday in the sky.  They're just milking the withered NFL cash cow for all it's worth.

If I am the Bengals, my outside FA targets are KJ Wright, Ja'Wuan James, Donovan Smith, Jordan Hicks, Kwon Alexander, Daryl Williams, Trent Brown and Anthony Barr. If I could have a dream free agency period, they'd sign James and Hicks and some depth players at LB and/or OT and/or OG and/or S and/or WR.  

Archived