Bengals owner Mike Brown allegedly *doesn't remember* how he voted on the Rams departure from St. Louis.

46 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

So what?

The National Football League and its owners are not responding to multiple requests for information, are refusing to swear to certain facts, and are hiding information that exists, local attorneys alleged in a hearing here on Monday in the largest lawsuit regarding the St. Louis Rams’ departure to Los Angeles.

The owner of the Cincinnati Bengals, for instance, told attorneys he didn’t remember how he voted when team owners approved the Rams’ move, said Christopher O. Bauman, an attorney representing the local governments suing the Rams and the NFL.

But Bengals owner Mike Brown said soon after the vote — in a story still on the team website — that he agreed with the move, calling Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s plan “an exciting project for the league.”

The case, St. Louis Regional Convention & Sports Complex Authority, et al. vs. the National Football League, is one of at least four lawsuits filed against the Rams after the team left for Los Angeles.

One, a class-action suit on behalf of thousands of personal seat license holders, was settled in December for $24 million. Another, aiming to get money back for fans who bought tickets and merchandise, was just approved for class-action status. A third, on the ownership of the Rams’ former practice facility in Earth City, is headed to arbitration.

The hearing on Monday was part of the last and largest of the four, a suit by the city of St. Louis, St. Louis County and the regional dome authority alleging the Rams and the NFL purposefully misled and defrauded the region, among other claims, as the team prepared to move from St. Louis.

The Rams have appealed their role in the case, arguing they should go to arbitration with the local governments.

In many ways, the Rams betrayal of St. Louis was even more despicable than Cleveland's. I would hope that the city, et al bite large chunks of financial ass out of those bastards. Won't kill them, though...the league through its benevolence and purchasing power, will help it be as painless as possible. 

And don't get me started on those thieves who jammed a knife into the backs of loyalists in San Diego. I would like for them to forever play in a suburb soccer stadium, but the NY masters have other ideas. 

A pox on this corrupt league.

39 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

In many ways, the Rams betrayal of St. Louis was even more despicable than Cleveland's. I would hope that the city, et al bite large chunks of financial ass out of those bastards. Won't kill them, though...the league through its benevolence and purchasing power, will help it be as painless as possible. 

And don't get me started on those thieves who jammed a knife into the backs of loyalists in San Diego. I would like for them to forever play in a suburb soccer stadium, but the NY masters have other ideas. 

A pox on this corrupt league.

Loyalists in San Diego?? That’s hilarious. They were consistently at the bottom of the league in attendance, played in a dump and typically had more away fans than Chargers fans. The city is full of soccer fans. 

I agree the Rams owner is a cock ring. 

Archived