John Ross Being shopped

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Great point, the cap hit THIS year is only $4.67 mil.  If we trade him that becomes $10.1 mil and we are down a WR which makes the move even more fucked up.  I see it like this:

3. He is absolutely uncoachable.  I guess this is possible.  The Patriots dumped Chad after a year for this. 

I really wonder after all the nonsense his rookie year if he isn't one of those guys who just causes a mess where ever he goes. Incognito without the bullying. But how do you not ask the questions to figure that out before you spend the 9th overall pick on him? And how do you keep your job after doing that?

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Of course there is no way to tell if Ross was running the route correctly of if it was all on Andy.  Based on this newest (possible) development, my guess would be Ross was the culprit.

perhaps he aint the smartest reciever and the orgization put him out there as available to see what they could get, but to also warn Ross and others, that draft position means nothing. Great you made it to the NFL. Now you have to fight for a job. Scare the crap out of Ross, get everyone elses attention. Interesting to see how Ross responds. 

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

Great point, the cap hit THIS year is only $4.67 mil.  If we trade him that becomes $10.1 mil and we are down a WR which makes the move even more fucked up.  I see it like this:

1. The Zac is trying to swing a deal to move up in the draft to get Haskins or Murray.  That would be the only reason to move up.  Kinda out there if you ask me. 

2. Way more is going on as far as the locker room and Ross are concerned. Its possible but I would have thought something would have leaked by now.   

3. He is absolutely uncoachable.  I guess this is possible.  The Patriots dumped Chad after a year for this. 

4. Fake news. 

Only problem with that, if you include Ross in a deal you have to move DOWN the 1st Rd.  😁

8 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

They probably floated the rumor to gauge trade value. When it was lower than desired they refuted the rumor to save face.

Nah, this is pro sports, they can float to gauge value within the confines of the "GM bubble" without making anything public at all (and GMs do, all the time).  Is it possible they did that and someone leaked it?  Sure, but I highly doubt it, people in this thread have already detailed how it simply makes no sense for the Bengals to trade him.

To see who originated this, you have to figure out who it benefits.  It doesn't benefit Ross (unless he actually wants to leave), it doesn't benefit the org, it doesn't benefit the coaches and it doesn't benefit the team.  It *does* benefit "journalists" who have nothing exciting to write about.  Thus, I agree with the Bengals that this is random bullshit click-bait.

Archived